I-485# Pending name check [TSC]

Kanu2000

Registered Users (C)
Our I-485 receipt date is January 2002. The applications are still pending. My wife's finger printing and fbi name check has been cleared and also my finger printing has been cleared, but my fbi name check is NOT cleared by FBI.

How can we expadite this process? It has been long. We are looking for advice and help.

Any advice, please

My I-485 RD is Dec 2003 and my case is also similar. My wife's name check and finger print has been cleared, whereas my name check is still pending.
Is there any way, to expedite the name check process.

Name check expediting

Kanu2000 and chatri, I've seen a thread in this forum from an user who went through a process to expedite his name check. And he was kind enough to document the whole process in pdf files. I still have those files, if you want them send an email to hrashid@bcdcog.com

Name check takes too long

We are June 2001 I-485 filers. It took my wife 4 months to clear her name check, it took me 3 years to clear, and my son's name check is still pending.

Zhang is too popular Chinese name. We have bad luck.

Fortunately my wife and I got approved. and we are waiting my son's. He lost all scholarship to best universities this fall. All the universities ask for green card to grant scholarship.

Just got a letter from my congressman, "name check pending", sent a e-mail to fbi in mid december 2004, hope they'll answer soon, to see what happens.

Name check

Kanu2000, Chatri,

How do you know that yoour I-485 is pending due to name check? My I-485 was filed in October 2002. I need to find out if my case is also pedning due to name check. I did send an e-mail to FBI almost six months back but there is no response yet.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
FP Process

Hi forever485,

I was wondering if you could help me with the FP process. We did our FP on 15Mar05 and got LUD on our 485 applications on 16Mar05 with no message change. During FP, they took picture, signature and finger prints of all fingers and each finger one at a time.
Now where does the FBI thing come into play? Do you get LUD or message change regarding this? Can you explain the FP process and why name check affects the process? Any help greatly admired.

forever485 said:
Kanu2000 and chatri, I've seen a thread in this forum from an user who went through a process to expedite his name check. And he was kind enough to document the whole process in pdf files. I still have those files, if you want them send an email to hrashid@bcdcog.com

Chatri,

We are still waiting. The status is still same as before. USCIS phone call does not help at all. We did not get any resposne from fbi regarding fbi name check.

How about you? We are really frustrated about the whole thing. Please help....

ronbans said:
Hi forever485,

I was wondering if you could help me with the FP process. We did our FP on 15Mar05 and got LUD on our 485 applications on 16Mar05 with no message change. During FP, they took picture, signature and finger prints of all fingers and each finger one at a time.
Now where does the FBI thing come into play? Do you get LUD or message change regarding this? Can you explain the FP process and why name check affects the process? Any help greatly admired.
I attach the file I downloaded before. Hope this file will answer your question.

My son's case was approved!!!

I wrote a letter, at the end of April, to the Director of the name check department with a copy of the Johns Hopkins University $30,000 grant and scholarship to my son, but JHU asked for a copy of green card. I think it worked. FBI finished my son's name check in one week and TSC approved it in 2 weeks. Though my son could not meet the deadline of JHU and missed the grant and scholarship, I am glad he finally got the approval.

Good luck to all of you guys still waiting.

A while ago Mr. Khanna had put out a request for those who are having problems due to excessive delays to contact Washington times person for a story. This would have been very good story to show the extreme hardship immigrants have to go through post 9/11.
Anyway congratulations.

zhangd2001 said:
I wrote a letter, at the end of April, to the Director of the name check department with a copy of the Johns Hopkins University $30,000 grant and scholarship to my son, but JHU asked for a copy of green card. I think it worked. FBI finished my son's name check in one week and TSC approved it in 2 weeks. Though my son could not meet the deadline of JHU and missed the grant and scholarship, I am glad he finally got the approval.

Good luck to all of you guys still waiting.

zhangd2001

Hi, Mr. Zhang,

My situation is similar to yours, my name check has been pending since 2003, can you tell me detailed mail address in Washington? My last name is also zhang, my wife's was cleared 2 years ago. I just want to try, thanks very much for your help.

zhg67320

My wife sent an email for name check status on December 11th and got reply mentioning that her name check has been cleared on April 12th. But I sent an email on November 20th but no reply yet. Does this mean that my name check is pending?

name and address of the assistant director

Mr. zhang:

The following is the info you need: ( I wrote to ...)

William L Hooton
Assistant Director, Records Management Division, FBI
935 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W
Washington DC 20535-0001

RE: Name Check

Dear Mr. William L Hooton:

I am not sure if writing to you is an appropriate way to ask for help, but I use it only as the last resort to seek a solution to my son’s name check.

XXX Zhang’s personal information as follows:
1. Date of Birth:
2. Place of Birth:
3. A#:
4. Social Security Number:
5. I-485 Case Number:
6. Current Address:
7. Phone Number:

I understand you are extremely busy. I appreciate your time, consideration, and prompt reply.

Best regards,

XXX Zhang

Enclosure:
1. Copy of JHU Aid Award.
2. Copy of the letter from Senator XXX.
3. Copy of the reply from TSC of USCIS.
4. Copy of XXX Zhang’s passport, Social Security Card, and driver license.

===============================

Good luck!!!!

Our application is still pending. FOIPA response is "no record". We will be sending letter to USCIS director and FBI director soon.

Good luck to all....

There have been cases ...

ab kya karun,

I have read of atleast 4-5 cases where the applicant sued the USCIS. I am not sure if the delay was name check based. Basically what I read was that a delay of over 2 years from the date of filing is legitimate enough to sue to USCIS. Now that the dates are in 2004 a lot of 2002 people will have a good chance of suing the USCIS and winning.

The interesting thing I read about all of the above cases was that the cases were approved as soon as the USCIS received notices from the court informing them of the law suit. All the "security checks", "lost applications", "name checks" were resolved within a matter of days by the USCIS.

I should add that the article also mentioned that there is always a chance of the USCIS being vindictive and rejecting the application. This has not happened to my knowledge but Mr. Khanna himself has warned that suing the USCIS is a risky venture and should be used as an absolute last resort.

Having said that I feel that for some people it is worth taking the risk and suing the USCIS. It is not worth it to suffer indefenitely at the hands of these useless agencies. That is my personal opinion.

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator: