I-485 pending, EB3. Can I link a PERM approved EB2 I140 with that?

rvankadari

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys
I worked in Company A in 2001 and they filed my Labor in October 2001 in EB3. After I lost hope with GC process, I joined Company B and my labor in Company A got approved last year. Company A was kind enough to let me continue the GC. We filed I-140 in CSC last year, got approved and filed for I-485 in June 2005 before they closed taking applications and pushed the prioirty dates.
I am working in Company B now(for last two years). They filed my PERM in EB2, approved and filed I-140. I think Company B I-140 will be approved in a month or two.
My question is, my I485 is already pending. Is it possible to link the pending I-485 with my new I-140, retain the old PD and bump up my category to EB2 given that EB2(India) is current for my PD.

Thanks a lot
Ravi

rvankadari2000 said:
Hi Guys
I worked in Company A in 2001 and they filed my Labor in October 2001 in EB3. After I lost hope with GC process, I joined Company B and my labor in Company A got approved last year. Company A was kind enough to let me continue the GC. We filed I-140 in CSC last year, got approved and filed for I-485 in June 2005 before they closed taking applications and pushed the prioirty dates.
I am working in Company B now(for last two years). They filed my PERM in EB2, approved and filed I-140. I think Company B I-140 will be approved in a month or two.
My question is, my I485 is already pending. Is it possible to link the pending I-485 with my new I-140, retain the old PD and bump up my category to EB2 given that EB2(India) is current for my PD.

Thanks a lot
Ravi

Yes you can do that. Ask your lawyer to submit a request to USCIS to switch I-140 underlaying current I-485 & retain original PD.

Thanks Gp

Thanks GP. If I do that, is my category going to change to EB2? Then my PD will become current.

Thx
Ravi

rvankadari2000 said:
Thanks GP. If I do that, is my category going to change to EB2? Then my PD will become current.

Thx
Ravi

Yes. Means faster approval !

good luck

Hi gp111,
I don't know whether u remember me or not,my labor got cleared after 4 1/2 years and I-140 was filed on 03/27/2006 at California.Is it going to be transferred to TSC ????I did not receive the receipt no. yet...I guesss that no. will tell me where the I-140 application is.Please correct me if I am wrong.It looks like another crap is in the making.......who knows.... :mad:

dask_1