I 485 Pending........Can i work part-time

Sita_GC

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 is in final stages and i am on bench and no pay is being generated. i dont want to leave my company as I-485 is in final stages. to meet my bills, can i work for another company as part-time on 1099. Is it legal?
Is it going to effect my GC Process.

Your valuable suggestions will be a great help.

:eek:

Nowadays there are significant numbers of RFEs are regarding W-2, tax return, paystubs etc. Do you think you can produce them, if USCIS asks for? If yes, that's fine, there is no issue. Otherwise, what's point to sticking with this company who is not even paying you? If there is RFE for these document I mentioned, you are in trouble anyway. If you passed more than 180 days after I-485 application, find a new job with similar job and use AC21 to change company. This is personal opinion though. Accept it or ignore it.

Yes, you can use your EAD to work on another part-time job. Just remember, the moment you use your EAD, your H1 status (if that is expired yet) is gone.

It should not be a big problem to find an umbrella company that will produce paystubs for you. You gotta have a valid contract, though.