I-485 pending after NIW (Public Law 106-95) anyone in same boat?

Luis

Registered Users (C)
Hi! For all the I-485 (NIW according Nursing Relief Act of 99-PL 106-95)applicants, would you be interested in tracking and sharing info?
Luis
RD 08/01
PD 05/98, according to PL 106-95, my commitment should be 3 years.
TSC
got EAD, no FP
waiting and wondering if INS know what they are doing according the new law? Hope you could help to continue this discussion.

Waiting for FP.

I have a similar situation.
Did 3 years J-1 waiver.
NIW PD is 8/1998.
TSC.
I-485 RD is 9/2001.
Got EAD, No FP appointment yet.
Waiting.

Thank you ManuJ1 for sharing.

Thank you ManuJ1 for sharing. This is my 5th year in the HPSA. I am thinking going to a non-HPSA soon since my commitment is only 3 years as of new regulation. I do not know if we have to stay in HPSA till the approval of I-485. Do you? Luis

J-1

I applied in March/01 using NIW 3 years, Got my EAD , No F.P yet.
Getting frustrated. I checked with couple of attoneys all except one says that I can move on to another job regardless of designation i.e MUA, HPSA.

No Title

If ur NIW was filled before 1999 then u r subjected too 3 years in HPSA else in 5 years yes one can change the job once NIW is approved and 485 pending

No Title

I asked my lawyer yesterday and he says as long as my commitment is served (3 years in my case), I should be able to move to anywhere regardless of its designation (underserved or not). Luis

Be cautious...

The 3 year requirement is for the J-1 waiver; you can\'t adjust or do CP until after completion of waiver requirement. However, if you are applying under NIW, you have to still be satisfying the conditions which got you the NIW in the first place-especially under the old law. Under new law, once you finish 5 years, you are scotfree. but I would think hard and long before moving away from HPSA/MUA without the greencard! Just my 2 cents worth.

No Title

Has anybody completed there 3/5 yrs and sent a letter to ins stating the completion of the reqiured period. I am completing my 5 yrs in aug, 2001 and was wondering if i could a sample of the letter sent to ins.
Thanks

No Title

Has anybody completed there 3/5 yrs and sent a letter to ins stating the completion of the reqiured period. I am completing my 5 yrs in aug, 2002 and was wondering if i could a sample of the letter sent to ins.
Thanks

I completed 3 years

After I completed 3 years, the state department issued me a letter of completion. Is that what you are talking about? Of course, I got that letter before I file the AOS.

Need your advice Luis...

My NIW(self-petitioned) RD 08/98; AD 12/98; My 3 yrs in HPSA finishes in 12/02. When do you think should I file for AOS? befor or after 12/02? What letter do I need from State Department and what is the procedure for obtaining it? Will really appreciate your advice Luis...Thanks again...Would like to crrespond with you by e-mail if possible...akmd

I filed AOS after

It just happened that my NIW was approved after I served 3 years. That why I filed AOS after I completed my waiver commitment. The State Department sent me a completion letter (which I was not expecting) about a month after the completion. Plus my employer wrote a employment verification letter stating that the employment was current, full time, primary care...etc. Those were included in my AOS application which was filed a year ago. No fp yet, so I do not know if the documentation are suficient. How come you only served 2 and plus year? your NIW was filed in 08/98!! almost 4 years ago!
Luis

Thanks Luis..

My NIW was based on E2 category,candidates with exceptional ability with advanced degrees...that was when I was still J1...It is not based on service in HPSA. The letter you received was it from the US State Department or the Health Department of your state where you practiced? Will appreciate your response.. Thanks again.