I-485 package to be resent?

katerinka

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys!
I have a quick question about I693 medical exam copy. Here is the story:my friend filed I-485 and got rejected because he couldn't provide the evidence they requested from him in a timely manner. So, he got a letter with rejection, but it said that he was still eligible for a green card. SO,now the question is: how should he file I-485 again? They kept the I-485 package he mailed to them around 5 months ago. Does he need to resend it again? What about I693 medical exam? it;s been less than a month since he took his medical exam. He got a copy of it in the mail, should he mailed it too?
Sorry if it's confusing, any help will be appreciated!

What is the basis of his green card (who is the petitioner - his USC wife?)? Was the I-130 rejected, or just the I-485? Did he send an I-693 with the I-485?

ok, his story is complicated, thanks for your help a lot!
I do apologize, I guess I asked the question at the wrong place! He got rejection for I-730 form.
He applied for political asylum before he married a US citizen. In a while, they decided to split up, but the lawyer screwed up the divorce. And after he married his second wife and applied for green card based on political asylum with her, they got a request for a divorce paper. That was the time when my friend realized that his lawyer screwed up the whole process, as he was still married his first wife. So, he didn't send the divorce paper in a timely manner and he got the rejection letter from USCIS. At that time he mailed the whole package to USCIS for his green card, now he doesn't know if he needs to resend medical exam and all those forms one more time, as USCIS office didn't send back anything they got from him, just the letter stating he is married twice and"however if the petitioner is able to overcome the grounds for this denial, a new petition with the appropriate documentation may be submitted to this office".
Thanks for you help!!!

So his first wife is a citizen, but his second wife is not? Therefore his second I-485 is not based on marriage, it's based on the I-730 asylum case? And the asylum case was rejected? What exactly is going on?

right, Jackolantern, his first wife was a US citizen, second-no. With his second wife, my friend submitted I-485 based not on marriage, he submitted it for a green card in a year after he was granted political asylum. That's where they realized he wasn't divorced with his first wife. They sent that notice of Denial saying that his present marriage can't be considered valid for immigration purposes, and my friend's present wife is not eligible to be classified as the spouse of an asylee. That's why form I-730 must be denied. So,now my friend dealt with the previous marriage obstacle and he wants to mail his I-485 package again. I think he wants to send it just for his green card, not sure about the wife.

Ask him to post here directly so it's not convoluted third-hand information. Or to consult an immigration lawyer.

And if he's going to post here it should be in the political asylum section.