I-485 Original Receipt

deej

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My attorney informed me that she has received the I-485 receipt and sent me a copy of the receipt. On one of the websites, I checked that you need to have the original I-485 receipt even when you are travelling on H1B visa.
Should the I-485 original receipt be with me or the attorney ?

thanks,
Deej

I-485 is your application and the original should be with you. The attorney may have actually meant the original copy.

Hi,
My attorney informed me that she has received the I-485 receipt and sent me a copy of the receipt. On one of the websites, I checked that you need to have the original I-485 receipt even when you are travelling on H1B visa.

thanks,
Deej

You will need to ask your attorney send you the original copy to keep.
I got the original copy from my attorney.

Hi,

thanks,
Deej

You should have the original 485 receipt with you.

Here is how it went for me:
Spoke with one of the attorney's of the law firm that filed my 485, and he was of the opinion that the original needs to be with law firm, and sent me the copies. Then I managed to talk to the legal assistant who actually did my paper work, she agreed that the original 485 receipt needs to be with me and she is going to send it to me.