I-485 online message after finger print

waitfor140

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 and 485 were submitted together in Sept 2003 and my I-140 finally got approved last week based on the online message. My questions are:

1. Is there anything I need to do for my I-485 after the approval of I140, such as send a copy of the I140 approval notice?
2. We did FP last October. But the online message for our I485 is still same as before, saying "your case was received on .... it takes 365 to 540 days for us to process this kind of case...". Never mention about our FP. Is this normal?
3. How can I know whether all necessary checks, such as name check, are done by FBI?

Thank a lot

waitfor140,

1. No, do not need to send any copy.

2. It is not normal, it should change as "we have received you finger print results and case processing has been resumed etc....". You may talk to USCIS people by calling 1-800 number

3. You need to send an email to FBI for name check status. Use search string in this forum for getting more deatils like where to send and stuff like that.

Don't worry about online message

Same happened with me .. don't worry about online message ....
Mine and lot of people's got approved without "FP received and case resumed message ...." message

PeterDatte said:
Same happened with me .. don't worry about online message ....
Mine and lot of people's got approved without "FP received and case resumed message ...." message

I have to agree 'coz I had my FP Jan 13, 2005 & no status change message....

Thank you, Friends

2 years ago, my wife's and my status messages were changed after FP.
My daughter took finger print last Saturday, 01/22/2005.
I am expecting to get email from USCIS, but I learn it is wrong.

Thanks again
- KIH

waitfor140

How about your LUD after FP?
Your LUD also not changed like status message?

Thanks for your advance.

- KIH

KIH

Our LUD changed to Dec 10, 04 after our FP, which was done in Oct. 04. What's the meaning of the LUD? Any idea? Thanks

Thank you, waitfor140

I am not sure the meaning of your LUD, but I can guess it by many people's postings here and my case.

My guessing is below,
After your finger print in October 2004, your security check(name and FP) have been done on Dec. 10, 2004. Your case is waiting for assignment to an adjustor for approval. I think it is good idea to give a call to 800 number.

My case is below,
When I made a USCIS status check account, my LUD was 05/01/2003 and message was "On 04/02/2003.... pending review". My LUD changed to 06/14/2004 and 06/15/2004. On 06/16/2004 I received approval email from USCIS that indicated my case had been approved on 06/15/2004.

I hope your approval coming very soon.

- KIH

Just to update you guys.... I already received an email from USCIS about them receiving my FP & my LUD changed to 01/31/2005....

Thank you JLCF485

Could you post which ASC you did FP and what your status message is now?

- KIH

Guys I already got approval Feb 9, 2005. Just received my actual notice yesterday (Valentine's) & have set up Infopass appointment this Friday (2/18).

Thanks!