I 485 NIW (India) PD 9/05 on line message change !!

abhuda

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

The on line message for my I485 has changed on 6/04/06 automatically.
The line saying it is taking 850 to 900 days to process such kind of case is disappeared !!!
Please comment if it has got some importance or is routine.

--------------------------------------
Receipt Number: SRC05251XXXXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on September 15, 2005. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Can some one please tell if there is any significance of this message change??

abhuda

NIW/TSC/(India) Concurrent
I140 RD: 9/17/05
I140 AD: 9/30/05
EAD: approved, Code 3 FD 11/05
I 485 AD: ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
So did everybody's.

They just changed the message templates. Please note that your LUD didn't get changed.

abhuda said:
Hi guys,

The on line message for my I485 has changed on 6/04/06 automatically.
The line saying it is taking 850 to 900 days to process such kind of case is disappeared !!!
Please comment if it has got some importance or is routine.

--------------------------------------
Receipt Number: SRC05251XXXXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on September 15, 2005. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Can some one please tell if there is any significance of this message change??

abhuda

NIW/TSC/(India) Concurrent
I140 RD: 9/17/05
I140 AD: 9/30/05
EAD: approved, Code 3 FD 11/05
I 485 AD: ?????

they must have changed the templates since even they realised what bad PR it must be to give that message out.

New PR Cleaning Lady

Yes... In deed. They changed the message over the week end. The new USCIS Administrator is cleaning up the house with her brand new PR Cleaning Lady.....Upss.....(PR Agency).

Great use of our TAX DOLLARS.

abhuda,

Is your PD current? If yes, then you can take heart from our case. Our PD became current on 06/01/06 and our 485 LUDs changed to 06/01/05 (after having been stagnant since 11/03/05 which was the date we had our biometrics done) alongwith the change in the status message.... "We recd your ......We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates."

Then on 06/02/06 morning we got the approval emails. If your PD is current and everything else is ok with your submittal, you may have the approval soon. All the best!!!

Intezar05 said:
abhuda,

Is your PD current? If yes, then you can take heart from our case. Our PD became current on 06/01/06 and our 485 LUDs changed to 06/01/05 (after having been stagnant since 11/03/05 which was the date we had our biometrics done) alongwith the change in the status message.... "We recd your ......We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates."

Then on 06/02/06 morning we got the approval emails. If your PD is current and everything else is ok with your submittal, you may have the approval soon. All the best!!!

Well, my PD is April 2004 and has been current for some time now. No LUDs or approvals as yet.

I too see the message template change however.

--------
I-140, RD 04/23/04, PD 04/24/04, AD 12/XX/04
I-485, RD 06/22/05, ND 05/23/05
RFE on Spouse's case - RD 08/29/05
FP - 09/06/05, LUD on self and spouse - 09/07/05
NO UPDATES SINCE THEN

tsc_eb1or said:
Well, my PD is April 2004 and has been current for some time now. No LUDs or approvals as yet.

I too see the message template change however.

--------
I-140, RD 04/23/04, PD 04/24/04, AD 12/XX/04
I-485, RD 06/22/05, ND 05/23/05
RFE on Spouse's case - RD 08/29/05
FP - 09/06/05, LUD on self and spouse - 09/07/05
NO UPDATES SINCE THEN

tsc eb10r,

It's a shame to see that your PD has been current for so long and they still have not touched your file. I am no expert, but going by all the other cases posted on this forum, FBI's competence or lack thereof is a major factor in the approval of 485s. Many people have got stuck at the name check/background check stage. I guess we were just plain lucky. We had been expecting at least one RFE since my husband and I have different last names.

So there is no method in the madness at USCIS and we all can at best make educated guesses.

All the best.

Hi Intezar05,

Please see my signature, in the begining of the thread I started. My PD is 9/17/05, because it is NIW filed in 9/05, no LC required.
In my case also : Mine and my wife's last name is different, we did not change after marriage. We did not receive any RFE yet. Also I submitted birth certificates, for me and my wife, obtained from Indian Embassay in US, based on the passport. I did not get any RFE. My petition is NIW, in the employment letter it was mentioned that job is temporary, still no RFE. I did not have any LUDs (date) yet, except the message change for I-485.

abhuda

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry abhuda, I didn't pay enough attention to your signature details. :eek:

Does NIW fall under EB1 or EB2? As I said earlier, there does not seem to be any method in madness that is USCIS.....every decision is subjective and depends on the individual adjudicating the case.

They had issued my first EAD with wrong DOB. On subsequent renewal applications, they send an RFE saying there was discrepancy in my filings, whereas it was a clerical error on their part. They asked for the birth certificate that I did not have. Thankfully, I had the copy of my original submittal which I send back to them pointing out that all along my passport had served as the corroborating document. They accepted the explanation and issued me the renewed EAD, with the correct DOB.

I don't know what to make of them. For now I am thankful that they have approved our case and our cards are on the way (sans my daughter's ). I don't know what the delay is on her card.

All the best to you.