I-485 Message changed

S_Reddy

Registered Users (C)
I-485 message changed

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On July 27, 2004, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

My case I-485 message changed as same yours.

I think it means nothing for this message.

S_Reddy said:
I-485 message changed

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On July 27, 2004, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I also got the same message

I also got a similar message today. It's basically a longer version of the same 'we've received your fingerprint fee' that I received 6 weeks ago!! Still, at least someone theoretically worked on my case today :)

Helen999 - What is your RD for your I-485?

Okay - Now I see that this update is (apparently) meaningless as lots of folks have received it :(

TempusFugit said:
I also got a similar message today. It's basically a longer version of the same 'we've received your fingerprint fee' that I received 6 weeks ago!! Still, at least someone theoretically worked on my case today :)

Me too....but NO LUD date chage ....All I see is an update in the Online message (for both spouse and myself) as follows:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Fingerprints review completed.

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Waiting for the date to move to another week..

PD 04/27/2001

Yep, it looks USCIS finally updated it's messages in the database...

this message changed for us and it looks like it's the new equivalent of "the document we made based on approval/registration of this case was directly mailed"....

as if the original message wasn't confusing enough (it reflected FP Notice mails getting missed)...the new one is even more confusing....
>>>>>>>>>>

Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

On XXXX, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

USCIS is simply renewing its web site

New, fancy web site, new status messages, ..., instead of working to adjudicate applications more quickly, the USCIS is wasting time on useless deeds.

The whole thing is a mere flow problem: when the number of applications received monthly exceeds the number of applications adjudicated in the same time period, one doesn't need a PhD to imagine what happens. USCIS and FBI have a backlog problem, period.

Message Change

Last time the message changed, the processing slowed down and uscis ran out of visa numbers shortly. Lets hope this message change doesn't mean retrogression.
B

TempusFugit said:

So Tempus, did you get a new LUD too, as your signature indicates?

I got a new one too, but looks like the message is the same with no LUD for me... it's just made to look a bit fancier :(

BobbySingh said:
Last time the message changed, the processing slowed down and uscis ran out of visa numbers shortly. Lets hope this message change doesn't mean retrogression.
B
No kidding! I visited my USCIS office here in BOS and was told by an officer that my case is in VSC and I have to wait for visa #. Waw, yesterday I didn`t trust that guy. My PD: 26APR01 ww. My message changed one day b4, last sunday 19NOV. Do u remember when was the last ran out of visas#?

Eb2 Eligibilty Question

I subtituted labor 86k salary, Master degree with one year exp.
I got I-140 approved in EB3. Is that Iam eligible for Eb2?

Yep, I got a LUD - I don't think it's significant though, given how many others also received the same LUD.

geofu54 said:
So Tempus, did you get a new LUD too, as your signature indicates?

I got a new one too, but looks like the message is the same with no LUD for me... it's just made to look a bit fancier :(