I-485 medical question

sxk1900

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,
My lawyer is filing my I-140/485 concurrently shortly in a week at NSC. I come under EB2 category. Since the current waiting period is more than 2 years for I-485, Would you advise filing the medical now..? or should I do it when an RFE issued ? please advise.
Thanks

Medical validity

This is what my attorney told me and is confirmed by some of top immigration atty's websites (don't remember which ones) :

The medical exam is valid for one year from the time you TAKE it until the time YOU FILE 485. Once your 485 is filed the medical is valid throughout the processing time. That means once you get your medical done you have 1 year to file 485 with it.

I don't know if they've changed the rule :confused: ....
But almost all aplicants who got medical RFE after their 485 had been pending for more than 1 year only required to complete the missing portion.

sxk1900 said:
Hi Folks,
My lawyer is filing my I-140/485 concurrently shortly in a week at NSC. I come under EB2 category. Since the current waiting period is more than 2 years for I-485, Would you advise filing the medical now..? or should I do it when an RFE issued ? please advise.
Thanks

I say send your I-693 with your application. You might get lucky and approved without REF. Most recent concurrent applicant got approved within 9-10 months if thier file is complete. Do not open any case that triger REF.

Regards,

wwossen said:
Most recent concurrent applicant got approved within 9-10 months if thier file is complete.
My case is 8 mo old. Am I going to be approved soon :rolleyes: Where did you get info about 9-10 month? Nebraska is processing 12-2002 6-2003 cases.