I-485 Medical issue - need urgent help!

sk2002sk

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I am back again with another problem now. As you can see from my signature, I am very near to I-485 approval. But there is one probem and I wanted to get your opinion.

Situation:
1. When I first submitted our 485 (about 2 years ago), my wife was pregnant - so the doctor did not do TB test and Tetanus vaccination stating on the paperwork that wife is pregnant.
2. Now she will surely get an RFE to complete those medical procedures - but she is pregnant again.

Questions:
1. So when she gets the RFE - how should we respond? Whats the best way to handle it?
2. What effect will it have on her 485 processing?
3. What effect will it have on my 485 processing, since I don't have any RFE issues? I am the primary applicant.

Any ideas? Anybody in this situation before?

Thanks!
SK...

sk2002sk said:
Hi Guys,

Questions:
1. So when she gets the RFE - how should we respond? Whats the best way to handle it?
2. What effect will it have on her 485 processing?
3. What effect will it have on my 485 processing, since I don't have any RFE issues? I am the primary applicant.

I was not in this exact situation. but my wife did get a TB test RFE on her I-485. My I-485 which was applied at the same time was approved. So I think your application will be fine.

As for how to respond to her RFE, I think just doing another I-693 should be enough.

Medical RFE for wife -I485 application

Hi sir,
What happend to your RFE. I am in similar sitiation. When we had submitted medical records for my wife for 485 application she had to skip the TB test because she was pregnant. We have recieved an RFE from USCS for her 485 application. But she cannot go for medical test for the TB because it involves Chest X ray and she is pregant again .
My lawyer said that INS does not care if my wife is preganant they want to see the TB test done on paper or else her application would be rejected.
Anyone.. has any suggestions?
Appreciare your help.
Thanks,
:-|

LivingOnHope said:
Hi sir,
What happend to your RFE. I am in similar sitiation. When we had submitted medical records for my wife for 485 application she had to skip the TB test because she was pregnant. We have recieved an RFE from USCS for her 485 application. But she cannot go for medical test for the TB because it involves Chest X ray and she is pregant again .
My lawyer said that INS does not care if my wife is preganant they want to see the TB test done on paper or else her application would be rejected.
Anyone.. has any suggestions?
Appreciare your help.
Thanks,
:-|

It should be fine to take TB skin test while you are pregnant, I took TB skin test when I was pregnant. If the TB skin test is positive, then they might require you to take X-ray, which you cannot do while being pregnant. Even for TD (tettanus) vaccine, it should be fine to take during pregnany. Please check with your OB-GYN.

Last edited by a moderator:
LivingOnHope

LivingOnHope,

I was in similar situation. When we submitted I-485 application, my wife was pregnant, so we did not do TB test. My wife got medical RFE when she was pregnant again for the second time. We did not take the TB Test again, because:

- The TB Test manufacturer said plainly that - "while it may be administered to pregnant women, we have not done enough tests on pregnant women". I did not want my wife to be their undocumented clinical trial.

I do not care if USCIS rejects my wife's card for this reason (which they cannot, legally) because my kid is more precious than the green card.

I submitted 2 letters:
- One from her Ob/Gyn stating she is pregnant and the due date
- One from primary care doctor that he does not recommend take TB skin test or X-Ray test while she is pregnant

Also the USCIS doctor marked her I-693 saying she is pregnant and the due date is so and so.

I submitted the documents 3-4 months ago and the online status changed to "RFE response received" - and they have not denied the case yet :) - on what grounds anyway!

So once she delivers, I will prod USCIS again to issue another RFE or maybe they will do it themselves.

Hope this helps!
SK...

Medical Examination for AOS, Vaccination & TB Test During Pregnancy

What is the status of your issue? My wife and I are in a similar situation. Thanks!