I-485: Medical Examination related qtion

ss1123

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

My case details: EB2 concurrent filing 01/28/2004 (I140 and 4850), FP EAD and AP done on 04/28/2004

Recently I saw someone posted a question regarding Medical examination. This spawned my question, my skin test for TB was more than 11mm, the doctor asked me take the xray test, which was fine.

Do I have to take medications for potential latent virus, will this cause a problem with my 485 or will xray suffice?

Regards,
ss1123

When you submitted your I-485 with medical examination results, did your medical package/envelope contain a proof from your doctor that your X-ray was ok?

If so then you are ok.

I think it is upto the doctor to suggest you to take medication or not. If he has suggested and the same is written in the medical examination results, then you might get a RFE at a later stage asking a proof that you had taken the medication and the problem is solved now.

If you were ever vaccinated for TB when you were little, your skin test will be positive, that means your immunity for TB is still fine, it will protect you from TB, it does not mean you have latent infection, of course you do not need to take medicine.
Apollo_13 said:
When you submitted your I-485 with medical examination results, did your medical package/envelope contain a proof from your doctor that your X-ray was ok?

If so then you are ok.

I think it is upto the doctor to suggest you to take medication or not. If he has suggested and the same is written in the medical examination results, then you might get a RFE at a later stage asking a proof that you had taken the medication and the problem is solved now.

According to the medical guidelines for USCIS..., one can opt for x-ray directly if you have been given BCG as an infant...
But since all the physicians in CA follow CA guidelines..., they force you to take skin test..., the front office will not read the USCIS guidelines...
Unfortunately.., according to CA guidelines..., if skin test is positive, even due to BCG reaction, one has to consume the medicine.... (st**id regulation). The other main problem in consuming prescribed drugs is..., it will be recorded as a history of having TB......, This is the problem of modern day health care guidelines......

I have had the same situation

Hi,
The skin test result was 13 MM for me. The family doctor has recommended me to take INH 300 MG tablets for 6 to 9 months. He has also mentioned in the letter he wrote for INS which was sent along with the medical report. So I had no choice but to take the medication. I took medication for 6 months and successfully completed the treatment. I have got the letter from the doctor confirming the completion of medication which was addressed to the BCIS. Last week BCIS has issued an RFE on my I-485 case which I am sure about the INH medication completion. I am planning to send the copy of the letter to BCIS once I get the copy of the RFE.

I am not sure whether it is mandatory to take the INH treatment. In my case the chest x-ray was negative though, but I took the medication because the family doctor has mentioned it in the medical report.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
eb2august01

Thanks rk4gc. In my case I did not see the ultimate report sent to USCIS as it was sealed. I got the medical done at El camino medical. In my case the xray was negative. They recommended that I talk to my family doctor to get medication, there was no prescription etc from their side.

I did not do anything so far. Should I follow up and take treatment?