I-485 Medical checkup - Latent TB +ve, Active -Ve

GC_seeker_CA

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys,

I understand that most immigrants will show up +ve for latent TB and -ve for active (from CHEST XRay results). If this is the case the Doctor will prescribe pills to be taken daily for 9 months.
These seem to have some side effects resulting in liver complications in some cases.

Is it really required to undergo this treatment ?
Does INS ask for proof that such a treatment has been undergone by the individual ?

Your comments are highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Raj.

Hi Raj,

In our case my wife and child got +ve for latent test and -ve for X-ray. My wife's doctor cleared her but my son's doctor(A pediatrician) advised him to take the 9 month treatment.

Since my son's doctor has specifically mentioned it in INS medical form, we have no choice but to take the treatment. We have to send the doctor's certificate to INS showing the completion of the treatment.

Therefore in your case if the doctor has mentioned it in the form, then you have no choice but to take the treatment and show the proof to INS.

This is what I understand based on my discussions with my doctor and attorney.

Regards,

Positive Test

TB prophylaxis is very safe , especially in young people who do not drink

Taking the medicine is optional, and INS cannot deny based on your refusal to take the medicine

hashim
(Pulmonary physician)

question on TB test

If wife is pregnant and she avoided to take the TB test as well as x-ray and vaccinations (according to her doctor)what is the impact on 485 filling since she couldn't get any medical exam?

Ash1