I-485 Letter from INS

akundalic

Registered Users (C)
Finally I found the right message board, thanks to alanpero who found my post in the wrong section. I recently sent a letter to INS requesting an update about my case. Here is their response from word to word:

YOUR CASE IS STILL PENDING AT THIS CENTER. AS AN ASYLEE ONLY 10,000 CASES PER YEAR CAN ADJUST, AND THERE ARE APPROXIMATELY 20 TO 30 THOUSAND CASES FILED BETWEEN 1993-1998 AT DISTRICT OFFICES THAT MUST BE ADJUSTED PRIOR TO ANY CASE FILED AT THIS CENTER AS OF JUNE 6, 1998. THEREFORE IT IS ESTIMATED TO TAKE BETWEEN 2 TO 10 YEARS BEFORE YOUR CASE IS ADJUDICATED.

Nothing new from them and pretty sad. It has been more than 2 years now. I will keep you guys updated. My RD December 28, 1999, ND is January 10, 2000.

20.000 to 30.000?

So, does it mean that it's going to take 2-3 years before the june /1998 date moves forward?

Algobo, I would say we should wait until October, when new numbers and cut-off days should be introduced. I do not think INS itself knows the real number. But they should have adjusted most of the cases filed at local offices and I hope they will move forward. If not, and if your question comes true .... then god help us. We really do not have any rights or any way to speed this up. Some of us are waiting for their spouses and such a long wait should question our way of life in general. Maybe stupid comment from my side, but I hope you know what I mean ...