I-485 is back to CSC after stamping?

greenercard

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

My passport was stamped after an interview in the San Jose office two weeks ago.

Now, I got a message CIS through email saying that "your I-485 has been received in our office ... 660 days to approve..."

Any idea why would that happen?

greenercard said:
Hey guys,

My passport was stamped after an interview in the San Jose office two weeks ago.

Now, I got a message CIS through email saying that "your I-485 has been received in our office ... 660 days to approve..."

Any idea why would that happen?

I got the same message just yesterday...and I was interviewed and stamped back in April of 04. I think it's a series of messages once you finally get the paperwork moving. I got approved close to a year ago and received no change in status until yesterday. It kept saying "In March of 03 we received your fingerprints....etc" So I think it's actually just a matter of time now before it comes. I have read on this board of people who get that message and receive their card a month later. Hopefully that is the case. That's what I'm hoping. And I tried infopass back in October and it was awful....10 different windows and they all looked at me confused and did not help at all.