I-485 Interview

petertherock77

Registered Users (C)
Dear Forum,

How long does it take to receive interview noctice. My case is currently at NBC awaiting a call up for interview from the local office. I made an infopass and an IO told me that a request for interview scheduling was put in on 2/29.

Any idea or thoughts would be appreciated.

I just wanted to know if a decision is usually rendered for asylee I-485 that requires an interview on the day of appearance?

I just wanted to know if a decision is usually rendered for asylee I-485 that requires an interview on the day of appearance?

No, they do not tell you the decision right there. They mail it to you. But you can typically tell. The person I accompanied to the interview for her I-485 based on asylum had to appear for one because her fingerprints were rejected by the FBI. The officer took her fingerprints there and said that this print will go on the green card. We just assumed that she was approved and sure enough, in about 2 months she received her green card.

I remember one case when I-485 was approved right at the interview and a person had her NP stamped with PR stamp. I guess it all depends...

So, the interview should be a good thing or a sign to show the I-485 is close to a decision. They received my biometrics on 2/22. I would think they wouldn't ask for biometrics if a decision is not close right.

Thanks

just to share about my case
I had an interview last month(feb'08) for my GC based on asylum.
The interview went good, as she told me that we have to do this interview because they sent mail to me but always get send back to the office.
so,it's not something went wrong with my application. She cant approve me there because I just got my biometric done the day before my interview but she told me that you eventually will get your GC just have to wait several months for background check result.
so I am still waiting.........
I hope it will approve soon.

Interview notice rec'd for I-485. Today I got my interview notice from the National Benefit Center. It did not ask me specifically for anything to bring. What do I bring with me forum.

Interview notice rec'd for I-485. Today I got my interview notice from the National Benefit Center. It did not ask me specifically for anything to bring. What do I bring with me forum.

I went interview last month and I brought my RTD( I didnt show my NP)
W2 the last 3yrs, pay stubs for last 2months and letter from employer about wage and hourly statement, my examination medical (since I have never got any notice from them), Driver license,EAD that you ever had.
thats all you need....
Good luck!
it only take you 5 mnt at the most.

Crusher4me, was your I-485 interview based on Asylum. Did the IO collect the tax returns and pay stub from you? I mean did he actually request for these doc's during your interview. What are the basic questions one expect to get from IO?

Thanks

Crusher4me, was your I-485 interview based on Asylum. Did the IO collect the tax returns and pay stub from you? I mean did he actually request for these doc's during your interview. What are the basic questions one expect to get from IO?

Thanks
hi Petertherock77,

I was interviewed based on asylum also.
they asked me to do the interview because they have been sent letter to my address but they keep coming back to them (as undelivered said USPS).
but funny thing, the interview letter was delivered to my address.wierd.
well, basicly on the interview latter they asked me to bring all the documents, like NP,RTD,medical examination,pay stubs for last 2months,and employer clarification,EAD,driver license, and IO asked me simple questions,basicly she asked me what on I485 questions,like have you been convicted on felony,etc...
and she asked me to sign and fingerprint on the piece of pepper ( not sure what is that for,since I didnt ask-- I was kinda nervous though :)
Good luck, and you will be fine.
IO always treat people nice....

Hello Guys,
Please I need your help. Here is my question: what would happen if I get deny for political asylum and then I decide to visit my country someday while my status in the US is still valid. I am an F-1 student doing a PhD. Because of recent events in my country, I was thinking about applying for an asylum because I really do want to take a break from school and work for a while.
Thanks.

hi Petertherock77,

I was interviewed based on asylum also.
they asked me to do the interview because they have been sent letter to my address but they keep coming back to them (as undelivered said USPS).
but funny thing, the interview letter was delivered to my address.wierd.
well, basicly on the interview latter they asked me to bring all the documents, like NP,RTD,medical examination,pay stubs for last 2months,and employer clarification,EAD,driver license, and IO asked me simple questions,basicly she asked me what on I485 questions,like have you been convicted on felony,etc...
and she asked me to sign and fingerprint on the piece of pepper ( not sure what is that for,since I didnt ask-- I was kinda nervous though :)
Good luck, and you will be fine.
IO always treat people nice....

How long it took you to get the interview ?

Thanks

Did you get your interview yet?

Hello,

I just filed my I-485 bsaed on Asylum on Jan 08 and i did the fingerprinter in Fed 08.

Reading all threads, i may receive the the interview soon.

Can anyone tell me what the interview is about? any docs to bring?

And how long may i get to the gc after i filed in jan 08? any spec..

Hello,

I just filed my I-485 bsaed on Asylum on Jan 08 and i did the fingerprinter in Fed 08.

Reading all threads, i may receive the the interview soon.

Can anyone tell me what the interview is about? any docs to bring?

And how long may i get to the gc after i filed in jan 08? any spec..

Your case is still very early in the process. Just wait for USCIS to adjudicate the case. You might not need an interview.

I applied for the I-485 on March 9 2007 and receive notification that my case was transfered to the NBC on March 11 2008 and a few days ago I receive my I-797C REQUEST FOR APPLICANT TO APPEAR FOR INITIAL INTERVIEW. My concern is that attach with that there was another paper that said in the top NOTICE TO APPLICANT :IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN ARRESTED OR DETAINED BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER FOR ANY REASON , YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING TO YOUR INTERVIEW ETC.

I was arrested for a disorderly intoxicated which was my first arrest and I took a program from the state to set my status tu nollo contendere. this file I submitted with my I485 application. but not to long ago I was arrested for the same charge , the officer made up the report I ended up setting a court date and the charges where dropp because the officer never showed up. THIS FILE I NEVER SEND IT TO IMMIGRATION. My questions are :

Should I be worried I never send this Files?

Should I be worried that my case be denied because of this ?

Is it necessary that I attend the interview with a lawyer?

By the way I also went back to My COP because my father was really sick, should I take medical exams to the interview and can this be cause for any problems.

Any advice or recommendation will be greatly appreciated