I-485 interview????

The military reserve is not active duty. You must be on active duty (join the military in the regular way) to obtain the benefit of a faster naturalization...

The military reserve is not active duty. You must be on active duty (join the military in the regular way) to obtain the benefit of a faster naturalization...

I spoke to a recruiter last year about this and he said as soon as you enlist as reserve, you are trained 2 weeks in a month and then most likely(he put the percentage at 80%) called to serve. When you report for duty, you contact your enlisting officer to process your naturalization and they do all the work for you. At first, you had to be honorably disccharged to get the benefit, however seeing how bad recuritment is, they have waived that now.

You also have to do the oath to be serving for at least 5 years after you get your naturalization. In other words, you can't join, become citizen and leave!!!

Guys, Army is Army! I would like to go to an Active Duty, but I don't want to lose my current job. Naturalization is not a goal of my enlistment. My goal in Army is to get Education and of course if Military Personal eligible for Naturalization immediately (Active Duty) and after 1 year of service (Reserve). why not? I know about chance to go in Iraq even if you're Reservist. So, someday you will see my picture at military web sites in section "Fallen Heroes" :cool: Just kidding!:D