I-485 Interview Today...Approved, no Stamping Charlotte

GC-4-All

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

We had our I-485 interview today at 8:00AM and 8:30AM at Charlotte. Both of us were called in at 8:00AM and were out by 8:10AM. It was pretty quick.

The lady officer took the following docs from me
1) Emp Letter
2) Taxes
3) W2's
4) Paystubs
5) Apartment Lease(Proof of joint lease)
6) I-864(Affidavit of support)
7) 2 Photographs

She checked our
1) EAD's
2) SSN cards
3) Passports
4) DL's

Some standard questions:
Any crimes, arrested, false docs etc etc
To which the answer was NO.

She said that she has APPROVED our case. And will send us an Approval Notice once the priority date(Visa Number is available) becomes current.

Priority Date: Nov, 2002
I-140/I-485 - RD/ND Sep, 2003
I-140 AD Feb, 2004
FP's - 2
AP's - 2
EAD's - 2
I-485 Transfer Date: Nov 16, 2004
I-485 interview date: 03/28/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!

Congratulations GC-4-all,

I hope you get the GC soon and wish you the best in your life.
Did you know by any chance why your case was transferred in the first place? Do you know the officer who interviewed you. In my interview letter it only says Officer A.

Thanks,
Spartakus

Thanks - Spartakus.

My officer name was also Officer A. She did not have her name on her Shirt.
And I did not find any reason why my case was transfered.

Hi GC-4-all

Sorry to bother you again, so was she courteous and nice person to deal with?

Thanks,
Spartakus

No problem Spartakus,

She was really very very nice, curtious, jovial etc etc. Infact the interview is like 3 mins.
She is a lady in 30's.

First she will take your signature and finger prints. Then take you to a room and then take the necessary papers(Copies) and then approve the case.

Very Very easy.

Hello SP,

GC4_All and I were interviewed by the same lady. You will not have any problem dealing with her.
In my case they wanted translation of my wife's birth certificate and even though I had visited local office after the transfer as GC4_All had suggested , my name check was still pending.

They never mentioned in the interview letter for the birth certificate translation.

I was told in my previous visit to local office after transfer that I was all set. But at the time of interview name check was pending.

She told me that all that they need from me are those two things before they can approve and I am sure they would have pointed out visa number issue also after that.

Waiting

Hi Pencil

Thanks for you and GC-4-all for sharing your experience. I will be there in two weeks but I think they usually send a list for the spouse with standard list that includes birth certificates for the spouse and kids. but I think the birt certificates, marriage certificates is standard. My lawyer listed all these documents for me to take since they may ask for that.

For me I translated all those myself and I am getting my collegue to certify it before I go there.

Thanks,
Spartakus

Question GC-4-all and Pencil

Did she ask for your social security cards from both of you and what did she check in it? my lawyer says that they only need the number so they do not need to see the SS card if you can give the the SSN.

THanks,
Spartakus

Spart

She did ask for identification which may include Passport , SSN etc. So I kept everything in front of her Passport, SSN , EAD which had a picture. She just looked at it and didn't even touch it.

So translation can be done by anyone ?

FYI - I think if your name check is done , which seems to be the issue for most transfers , your case will be approved and stamped as your priorty date is current.

Translation

Pencil,

You need to get a 3rd party ( A friend of you who knows your language and English). He can do the translation or you can do it and give it to him and then he needs to type in his name like below:

I <translator name>, certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and <your language> languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled Certificate of Birth.

Date:
Signature: Translator Name: Typed Name here

Address: <street address>
City, NC <zip code>

Then you need to notarize it.

hope that helps.

Spartakus

Pencil,

I knew that they need English translation of all the documents while I was applying my wife's DL.

You can ask someone in India to go to the local Municipal office and request them to issue an English version of Birth Certificate.

Travel Doument??? Are you talking about AP. No she did not take my AP. Coz, I will need it for Travel until I get the Apporval letter. I will have to turn in my EAD, AP, and I-94 when I go for stamping.

Spartakus,
You are supposed to show the Original SSN card. She specifically asked for it, after she looked at our Passports.

Quick question for you all

Are there anybody else whose case got transferred to Charlotte or is it only me, GC-4-all and Pencil? Charlotte threads are the most quiet and recently I have not seen anybody posting here except the three mentioned above? any clue why?

thx,
Spartakus

Need EB2 - pre-approved labour

Hi,

I am currently employed with a company and having 8 months of time remaining for my h1-b experiration (6 years) .Mu current employer is not processing my green card.

If anyone has any EB-2 category approved labour's please reply to this email with your contact information and i'll contact you.

Treat this as urgent.

Thanks,
Saivisa

Quick question for you all

Spartakus

I am still waiting for my interview, nothing to write. Transferred to Charlotte on October 27, 2004.

just wait

Hi Sahib,

I think they will process your file soon. My advice to you is to take an infopass appointment and go ask about your case and see where it is. When I asked I was told there are about 800 cases at Charlotte and if there are only 2 officers handling GC that would take a long time.

thanks,
Spartakus

There were actually 3 officers the day I went for the interview.

Yes, spartakas is right. Go to the local office and ask your status. That's what I did. And the result is... I was approved.

Spartakus

Hi Spartakus and GC-4-ALL

Thanks for the suggestion. Today I got the second fingerprint notice for May 3, 2005 from Charlotte office.
Do you know if the fingerprint are done at the same office, because the address in the notice if different than the actual office in Charlotte.

Thanks

Chaydhary-Sahib

Fingerprinting is done at the ASC, Woodlawn road(I-77 Exit 6B)
Not at the DHS, Tyvola center.

You don't have to wait till May 3, 2005. You can go tomorrow.
The sooner you go the sooner the Charlotte DHS office will receive your FP and will resume your application.

Taxes and W2s

Pencil, GC-4-all,

When the lady took you tax returns, did she look or examine them or she just added them to the files and other documents?

Thanks,
Spartakus

Sparty,

When I handed my tax papers, I showed to her... This is 2004, this is 2003, and this is 2002. That's it she did not care to look at them.

But she did look into my W2's though. It was just a glance, to check my name and company name I guess. This look into W2 was not in detail.

Spartakus please let me know, if you have more questions. I will be more than happy to answer them.