I-485 Interview scheduled at Seattle Office: Please help

siva_Seattle

Hi,

My wife and I have been scheduled for an I-485 interview at the Seattle Office. I have a Master's degree from a US university and have been with the same employer for 5 years. I have had no issues except for 2 traffic tickets (speeding). Further, BCIS had raised an RFE regarding the non-stamping of passport (non-issual of new I-94) when we entered US from canada a few years back. But the Transfer to Local office cited that the transfer was only to speed up processing.

Can someone please share their Interview experiences in the seattle office? Do I need an attorney with me?

Thank you so much,
Mahesh

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Siva,

I and my wife also went to Canada for vacation. We also didn't get new I94 or port of entry stamp on passport when we entered in USA. I spoke to couple of other friends and they said it is usuall.

I don't know if this helps you or not..Wish you all the best..Please post your interview conversation..

siva_Seattle said:
Hi,

My wife and I have been scheduled for an I-485 interview at the Seattle Office. I have a Master's degree from a US university and have been with the same employer for 5 years. I have had no issues except for 2 traffic tickets (speeding). Further, BCIS had raised an RFE regarding the non-stamping of passport (non-issual of new I-94) when we entered US from canada a few years back. But the Transfer to Local office cited that the transfer was only to speed up processing.

Can someone please share their Interview experiences in the seattle office? Do I need an attorney with me?

Thank you so much,
Mahesh

I had my interview in the Seattle office earlier this month (Feb 2005).

Officer was very nice. She asked me very simple/routine questions.
Are you still working with same employer? No.
Do you have an employment letter then? Showed her the letter.
Asked about my status in USA since the very first day I set foot here.

The only doucments I showed her in the itnerview were:
driver license, and employment letter. (No need to show W2, tax return, etc.)

So, you have nothing to worry about. However, you should bring all the documents with you just in case.
For you speeding tickets, you may want to see other threads to determine whether you need to get some proof/document from the court or DMV/MVA.

CC