I-485 interview cancelled, reschedule?

Flyer729

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife is an US citizen and I filed my AOS last january. I received my receipt and FP notice and was waiting for more news. At that point, I received a notification by email saying that "The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified if the interview is rescheduled". The thing is that I never knew I had an interview coming or received anything prior this notice. Also, this happened a couple of weeks after I called to change my address (in the same city I was living).

I called the INS and they told me to wait 30 days for a notice, and if I didn't received anything then give them a call.

Has anyone had this happen before? Is there something possibly wrong with my case? Please, some guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Thanks

I am in the same boat

Hi Flyer...

I am in the exact same boat as you. I cant figure out why this is... let's keep each other updated.

Thanks!

Sure!

I haven't received anything yet, but I'll keep you posted. Did you change your address before receiving the notice of cancellation?

Flyer729 said:
Hi,

My wife is an US citizen and I filed my AOS last january. I received my receipt and FP notice and was waiting for more news. At that point, I received a notification by email saying that "The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified if the interview is rescheduled". The thing is that I never knew I had an interview coming or received anything prior this notice. Also, this happened a couple of weeks after I called to change my address (in the same city I was living).

I called the INS and they told me to wait 30 days for a notice, and if I didn't received anything then give them a call.

Has anyone had this happen before? Is there something possibly wrong with my case? Please, some guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Thanks
Just a suggestion, you should take infopass appointment and talk to immigration officer. Same thing happened with me just 15 days before interview. Luckily, i went to talk to imigration officer one day before interview and came to know that my interview was never cancelled. They were not even aware of online status (Which still said that my interview has been cancelled). Your case might not be same, but you never know.
I had successful interview next day and got GC within couple of weeks.

I never received an actual notification for an interview...

Thanks for your response,

I am going to set an appointment with my local office. But I never received a prior notification with an interview date, that is why I am confused :confused:

Flyer729 said:
Thanks for your response,

I am going to set an appointment with my local office. But I never received a prior notification with an interview date, that is why I am confused :confused:

It might be possible that your interview letter was lost in mail. USCIS website never update status when/after they send interview letter. You never know. USCIS is full of surprises.
There are so many cases that ppl never got interview letter and their cases were denied because they didn't appeared for interview.

int0928 said:
It might be possible that your interview letter was lost in mail. USCIS website never update status when/after they send interview letter.

Usually if the application was made through a lawyer, both the lawyer and the applicant will get separate letters, in which case its very difficult for both mails to have got lost. However, if the applicant him/herself submitted the forms, then there is no way to tell if the CIS has mailed the interview letter or not....actual mail in hand is the only confirmation.

Flyer729 said:
Sure!

I haven't received anything yet, but I'll keep you posted. Did you change your address before receiving the notice of cancellation?

Nope! We've lived at the same address in Manhattan since we started this whole (looong) process... :( I am thinking about scheduling another infopass appt. and hope for an officer that not only speaks English, but that is also helpful.

Yeah, same thing with me... I never received a letter in rgds to an interview... Can't believe I've gotten the same status answer for the past year and a half!!! Flyer - how long have you had this message?

Let's keep this thread alive,,, :(

About a week and a half...

I received an online notification about a week and half ago. I scheduled an infopass appointment at my local office. Have you talked to any officers? What did they say?

Flyer

Flyer729 said:
I received an online notification about a week and half ago. I scheduled an infopass appointment at my local office. Have you talked to any officers? What did they say?

Flyer

Hey! I scheduled an appt last yr and they couldn't help me. I am thinking about scheduling a meeting again, and this time I am hoping I will get an officer that at least speaks English and that is somewhat helpful... Let me know how your appointment went, and what happened.

I would also like to hear from people who have had this message and had it cleared up... I need to know what it means. One lawyer told me it means that our case has been approved w/o an interview, but I dont trust that at all.

Good luck! :confused:

One lawyer told me it means that our case has been approved w/o an interview, but I dont trust that at all.

Yeah! I don't trut that either, I've never heard of an AOS case being approved without an interview, but then again I might be wrong. I have my appointment a week from monday, I'll keep you posted.

Flyer

I also got an email today saying my I-485 interview has been cancelled. My ND was Oct 12th. I never got a letter saying my interview had been scheduled. Can you guys who replied above please update what have learnt about this?

I saw that both the I-485 and I-765 have been 'touched' today on the case status website. The I-130 and I-131 haven't been updated for more than a month. So something did happen to my applications today, I just don't know what. Any insights appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

I went and talked to an INS officer and he told me that it was a mistake, its been happening a lot. He also told me not to worry and that everything was going fine with my case, that it will be another year before I get an interview :( I will suggest to make an appointment with your local office to inquire about your case, since they have full access to your files.

Hope this helps!