I-485 interview@Boston - Deal done!

Congratulations!!!! I am really happy for you!

Your same day approval gives me some hope. At least I know now that the visa numbers are available.

It looks like only three of us (sp2sgi, VENYK, YLB2) are still waitung in limbo after the interviews...

Best,
YLB2.

YLB2,
Thanks for your kind words of appreciation. While waiting for my interview, i heard many folks(i think 3 of them) saying that the officers could not perform their security checks. I didn't hear anything about visa numbers.
I think in some cases, if the visa number system is down then the officers will not be able to obtain visa numbers and hence cannot adjudicate cases right away.

BostonFish - thanx for the info.

It looks like BCIS' computer systems are re-e-e-eally buggy :) :D :)

Enjoy your freedom and forget about all this stuff like INS, BCIS, AC21, etc.

--YLB2

does this have to do with being NIW

That may have been one of the reasons.

Originally posted by YLB2
Congratulations!!!! I am really happy for you!

Your same day approval gives me some hope. At least I know now that the visa numbers are available.

It looks like only three of us (sp2sgi, VENYK, YLB2) are still waitung in limbo after the interviews...

Best,
YLB2.

hi bostonfish,

Congrats...:)

My case is also same like yours.I am an april filler(I485).I want to know that ,was that officer asked you anything related to joining in company A?

Please tell me which company employment letter,paystubs have you submited?

Thanks

binram,
The officer didn't ask anything about joining compan A.
When i filed my I-485, i submitted future job employment letter from Company A although at that time i was working for Company B. In my bio-graphic information sheet, i clearly mentioned Company B as my current employer and i also submitted two pay stubs from Company B.

During my interview, i submitted job offer letter from Company B(present company) and latest pat stubs from Company B.

Boston Fish:

Thank you for your detail interview information. Congratulation !

GCQ

Visa number?

Hi BostonFish,

Congratulation on your approval

You mentioned about the officer checking for Visa numbers at the end of your interview. I'm from OH and had my interview last week also. The interview went fine, but the officer didn't approve or stamp anything, explaining that he needs to send to DC Washington for some visa control numbers. Been a week and still nothing, you mentioned your officer checked it in 5 minutes.

Could you please elaborate what you remember about Visa number your officer checked. Did he explain what it was about, how it's done or anything?

thanks in advance

Looks like this bcame routine for all INS offices. I am in the same situation from Boston INS office.

What is an Immigrant Visa Number?

An immigrant is someone who is not a U.S. citizen but has been authorized to permanently live and work in the United States. If you want to become an immigrant, you must go through a three-step process. First, the BCIS must approve an immigrant petition for you, which is usually filed by an employer or a relative for you. Second, a visa number, through the State Department must be immediately available to you, even if you are already in the United States. If you receive an immigrant visa number, it means that an immigrant visa has been assigned to you. Third, if you are already in the United States, you may apply to adjust to permanent resident status after a visa number becomes available for you. (If you are outside the United States when an immigrant visa number becomes available for you, you must then go to your local U.S. consulate to complete your processing.)

U.S. law limits the number of immigrant visa numbers that are available every year. This means that even if the BCIS approves an immigrant visa petition for you, you may not get an immigrant visa number immediately. In some cases, several years could pass between the time BCIS approves your immigrant visa petition and the State Department gives you an immigrant visa number. In addition, U.S. law also limits the number of immigrant visas available by country. This means you may have to wait longer if you come from a country with a high demand for U.S. immigrant visas.

Another Interview@Boston

Hi,

We(Me, my husband and my son) just finished our interview this afternoon at Boston and were given with our approval notices and stamped passports. My detail:
RD 10/17/01
ND 10/30/01
FP 05/20/02
Transfer day: 05/09/03 (same day as BostonFish)
Interview Day: 07/16/03

We arrived at 12:45 with our lawyer for our 1:00 - 2:30 interviews and were called at 1:00. The officer took my employmemt letter, last year W2 and a copy of 2002 tax return. Total took 30 minters.

485101701:

Congrats!!!!!!

Thank you for the interview details. It's encouraging to see that Boston does work.:)

Best,
YLB2.

Do you need two photos?

Bostonfish and 485101701:

Did you bring two photos for the interview and stamping?

Our interview is scheduled on next Monday, 7/21/03.

PD: Jan 1996 :) :)
I-140 RD: 12/7/2000
I-485 RD: 12/7/2001
FP: 7/../2002
TD: 6/17/2003 to Boston
ID: 7/21/2001, (notice received on 7/3/2003)

Hi Bostonfish,

Congrats,
DId your labor job title match exactly with your current title, I'm also using AC21 and my title is a little dieffernt (now has Sr attached ) and I'm anxious to find out how it pan's out.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
MyNameIsGC,
I don't think there is a requirement to bring photos for I-485 stamping on your passports. We didn't carry any photos with us because we weren't told so neither by our lawyer nor by BCIS.

sanu,
My labor certification job title was "Sr Software Developer" and my current title is "Sr Software Development Engineer". In both cases job descriptions are similar.

MyNameIsGC,

We didn't bring the photos and were not asked for.

At the end of the interview, the officer said he's going to check whether the visa numbers are availiable. He looked at a paper with a list of numbers on it then asked us to leave our passports and EADs and wait outside.

After about 40 minutes, the officer came out and gave us approval letters and stamped passports.

Hi BostonGC,

Congrats!!!

Is termination letter from previous company mandatory? What
was the reply from the officer for the non availability of that letter?

Last edited by a moderator: