I-485 Interview and I-140

Herohonda

Registered Users (C)
I have I-485 interview on wensday at Local BCIS office, I am Eb1 (L1A Employment) based case. I had filled I-485 by myself, I do have origional I-140 approval notice which was goven to me by my employer's attorney. What I don't have is a copy of I-140 petition.

I have the employment letter , paystubs and all other documents except the I-140 petition material.

Does anyone know whether immigration officer would ask to see the I-140 petiton ?

In the interview letter, they have asked to bring passport, I-94's, employment letter and last two months paystubs. I am just concerned about I-140 petition which is with my employer's attorney and as you know it is not easy to get that. Also INS should have this but My I-140 was approved by NSC and I had filled my 485 at VSC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know whether immigration officer would ask to see the I-140 petiton ?

No. He/she will have your original I-140 [VSC consolidates I-485 with I-140 (from NSC in your case) and then transfers the whole package to the local center]. Take copy if you wish to be on safe side. Also, take originals of the copies you might have submitted with I-140 - again, this is just to be safe, they don't ask for it. I don't have personal experience, but this is what I have observed from various posts.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Disclaimer: Personal non-legal point of view only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jigesh. what u said makes sense to me though. Anyone has anyother things to share on this subject ?