I 485 interfiling between NIW/EB2 and EB1

HeartDoc

Friends

Wanted to post my experience regarding interfiling 485 between NIW EB2 and EB1

NIW I 140 approved - 9/2005. I 485 filed concurrently.

Recevied EAD and AP October 05

Retrogression hit India and China Oct 05

Filed EB1 - ALIEN OF EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY with TSC 1/06

I140 EB1 approved 3/06

EB1 numbers for India became current in September 06 and my lawyers sent a transfer request to attach my I 485 to newly approved EB1.

TSC asked me to send new G28 form since lawyers were different for EB2 and EB1. Sent G28 last week of Sept and LUD on october 20th 2006.

However no confirmation from TSC regarding this transfer despite writing 3 transfer requests.

Took infopass on 1/25/07- officer was very nice but could not confirm whether the transfer had taken place.

Wrote a letter myself to TSC on 1/26/07 but no response.

Received RFE on 2/20/07 for Medical exam and sent it 2 days later. LUD 2/26/07 that medical report has been received and file is being processed and decision will be made in 60 days.

Repeat Finger print on 2/28/07 and LUD on 2/28/07

I 485 approval notice received for myself and my wife received on 3/2/07

I wanted to post this so that it does reassure those of you awaiting I 485 interfiling.

My lawyer always kept reassuring me that interfiling has always worked for them but USCIS will never confirm such transfers since their is no fees attached to such transfers.

Good luck

HeatDoc

Hope i saw your post earlier. My case is almost the same as yours. But i am not that lucky as you and i just refiled my 485.

Enjoy your GC and good luck

Thanks HeartDoc for your information and congratulations on I485 approve.
Did you take a new medical exam for RFE on 2/20/07 or send out a copy of old one (maybe you have took it 2005)? Thanks in advance.

I think the strength of followup with USCIS determines whether they take a note of it. I was persistent and suceeded in my effort to interlink. Dont give up guys, it is possible but you need to follow up very meticulously.

Friends

Wanted to post my experience regarding interfiling 485 between NIW EB2 and EB1

NIW I 140 approved - 9/2005. I 485 filed concurrently.

Recevied EAD and AP October 05

Retrogression hit India and China Oct 05

Filed EB1 - ALIEN OF EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY with TSC 1/06

I140 EB1 approved 3/06

EB1 numbers for India became current in September 06 and my lawyers sent a transfer request to attach my I 485 to newly approved EB1.

TSC asked me to send new G28 form since lawyers were different for EB2 and EB1. Sent G28 last week of Sept and LUD on october 20th 2006.

However no confirmation from TSC regarding this transfer despite writing 3 transfer requests.

Took infopass on 1/25/07- officer was very nice but could not confirm whether the transfer had taken place.

Wrote a letter myself to TSC on 1/26/07 but no response.

Received RFE on 2/20/07 for Medical exam and sent it 2 days later. LUD 2/26/07 that medical report has been received and file is being processed and decision will be made in 60 days.

Repeat Finger print on 2/28/07 and LUD on 2/28/07

I 485 approval notice received for myself and my wife received on 3/2/07

I wanted to post this so that it does reassure those of you awaiting I 485 interfiling.

My lawyer always kept reassuring me that interfiling has always worked for them but USCIS will never confirm such transfers since their is no fees attached to such transfers.

Good luck

HeatDoc

Thanks Heart Doc, I am in the same boat. I will try all the levels to get it interlinked. This gives lot of encouragement.