I-485 in VSC approved today after WOM

My case:

PD: April, 2002
140/485 FILED: June, 2004
First FP: March, 2005
140 approved: Feb, 2005
WOM filed: Oct, 2006
Second FP: Dec, 2006

Looks like my case got approved, not my spouse, any suggestions?

File WOM !

Hi Guys ..
Anyone in NJ/NY area and planning to file WOM..contact me ..we can help each other with the documents etc.
Lets do it guys ..these USCIS people need a wake up call.
Send me a note if you want my contact info ..we all need to do this at some point ..lets do it together.
EAI any information you want to give us would be great ..thanks ..

Takne an Info

Guys/Gals,
I have taken an InfoPass(timepass) appointmnet at the Newark office for 22nd. I plan to file a Mandamus suit. What are the questions I should ask about name check? Especially what paper trail should I take from the officer which will help me in the suit. Such as give in writing that the name check was initiated on so and so date and it is still pending????

Fellows please help.
--N

Noshs:

I am not sure what is the correct answer, but I suggest that you keep the appointment notice that you printed from web, or at least the copy. The official probably will not give you any paper trail, but that is ok. In my filing, I just listed the things I did to expedite NC but did not provide any supporting document. Since my case is approved, I believe that it is not that important. Just mention this infopass in the filing, and you will be fine. Good luck.

EA

noshs said:
Guys/Gals,
I have taken an InfoPass(timepass) appointmnet at the Newark office for 22nd. I plan to file a Mandamus suit. What are the questions I should ask about name check? Especially what paper trail should I take from the officer which will help me in the suit. Such as give in writing that the name check was initiated on so and so date and it is still pending????

Fellows please help.
--N

Thanks a lot.
EAin2005 said:
Noshs:

I am not sure what is the correct answer, but I suggest that you keep the appointment notice that you printed from web, or at least the copy. The official probably will not give you any paper trail, but that is ok. In my filing, I just listed the things I did to expedite NC but did not provide any supporting document. Since my case is approved, I believe that it is not that important. Just mention this infopass in the filing, and you will be fine. Good luck.

EA

Name Check Wait !

Guys so that we all are being pro active.

1. FOIPA
2. Letters to all the Senators in your area.
3. Letters to Congressman
4. Infopass
5. Call VSC
Keep all the records of the letters, faxes, and all the correspondence.

If nothing works file WOM.

EAin2005 said:
I-485 filed in July, 2005
Stuck in NC hole since July, 2005
Contacted senator, congressman with no use
Filed WOM pro se this Oct.
Recived RFE on Nov. 28th
Replied on Dec. 5th
Approved today.
By the way, my wife's case was also approved even though her case was filed one year later than mine and I did not include her in the complaint. Her name is also much more common than mine which shows this NC bull has nothing to do with your name at all.

Good luck to everyone here and hope you all receive GC soon.

EA
Hi EAin2005,

congrats!!! Are you from New York state? Did you get any response from US attorney before the RFE from USCIS? I filed a Pro Se in Nov, and waiting for the response.

not so calm, eh?

calmguy said:
Hi Guys ..
Anyone in NJ/NY area and planning to file WOM..contact me ..we can help each other with the documents etc.
Lets do it guys ..these USCIS people need a wake up call.
Send me a note if you want my contact info ..we all need to do this at some point ..lets do it together.
EAI any information you want to give us would be great ..thanks ..

I live in the NJ area and I recently got a letter from USCIS saying that I got stuck in namecheck.
I don't want to wait years and years in this bureaucratic quagmire and a WOM seems to be a good idea.
However, I need to go thru the Senator/Congressman steps etc so that when I get to WOM I can prove that I did all that I could before filing WOM.

I think we need to start a new thread for the WOM and get interested parties there.
Then we can get together and hire a good (read expensive) attorney who can represent all of us for a discount, maybe.

The attorney doesn't have to be in NJ. For all I care he/she could be in Timbuctoo!

I'll start a new thread now.

nj_skm

Received plastic card today

The journey is officially over now. Hope you guys all get your card soon and see you guys at Life after GC.

EA

EAin2005 said:
I-485 filed in July, 2005
Stuck in NC hole since July, 2005
Contacted senator, congressman with no use
Filed WOM pro se this Oct.
Recived RFE on Nov. 28th
Replied on Dec. 5th
Approved today.
By the way, my wife's case was also approved even though her case was filed one year later than mine and I did not include her in the complaint. Her name is also much more common than mine which shows this NC bull has nothing to do with your name at all.

Good luck to everyone here and hope you all receive GC soon.

EA

EAin2005 said:
The journey is officially over now. Hope you guys all get your card soon and see you guys at Life after GC.

EA
Hi EAin2005,

congrats!!! Are you from New York state? Did you get any response from US attorney before the RFE from USCIS? I filed a Pro Se in Nov, and waiting for the response.