I-485, help.

bhakum

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I am preparing I-485 (non concurrent) to file for me and wife. I have few questions:

1. My wife does not have SSN (due to her H4 status). Will it affect her 485 application?

2. What are the supporting documents I should attach? (Such as last 3 yrs of my fed taxes, last 3 months of my pay stubs, bank statement etc).

3. Do i need to send a job offer letter?

My I-140 got appproved (non concurrent) on EB1 OR at NSC.

Is there any list of documents needed for 485 (both primary and dependents).

Appreciate your help.

USCIS Form I-485
• 2 USCIS Pictures in the envelope clipped to the upper right corner.
• USCIS check for $315 in the envelope clipped to the upper right corner.

USCIS Form G-325-A (all four pages)

Copy of I-140 petition for EB1 outstanding researcher submitted concurrently or nonconcurrent approval notice

Letter from employer stating job title, dates of employment, salary and probability of future employment.

Copy of birth certificate.
Copy of marriage certificate.

Copy of US Visas from Passport.

Copy of most recent I-94 arrival & departure record.

Clear Color Copy of the Picture Page in the passport and complete passport.

Copy of Identification proofs: Driver License, University I D.

Copies of all IAP66, I-797 INS / BCIS / USCIS Approval Notices.

Copy of wavier certificate for two-year foreign residency (if you have)

Completed I-693 and I-693 Supplement 1 Medical Exam from USCIS Physicianin Sealed Envelope.

485 priority date for non concurrent, help

eb1doc, thanks for the list of documents needed for 485 filing.

in my 140 approval notice, the PD is jul 2003. does it mean that when i file 485, do i get the same PD as jul 2003? or they send me the new PD for 485. it is non concurrent case.

If it is the same PD of I140 then 485 can be approved quicker as NSC working on Nov 2003 485 applications. Just wondering....

This question will get resonable answer from I-485 forum for NSC. I am not sure whether PD will be considered for this case. However, at NSC anything can happen. Teh dates at NSC are meaningless. They said Dec 2003 for NIw case and we get to hear approval of March 2005 cases. Likewise they say about i-485 (Nov 2003)..........

Processing times are based on ND not PD

PD only comes into play when visa numbers are concerned. For EB1 and 2, PD is still current, so your exact PD doesn't matter right now for I485.
Of course, what eb1doc said is so true...

bhakum said:
Hi all,

I am preparing I-485 (non concurrent) to file for me and wife. I have few questions:

1. My wife does not have SSN (due to her H4 status). Will it affect her 485 application?

2. What are the supporting documents I should attach? (Such as last 3 yrs of my fed taxes, last 3 months of my pay stubs, bank statement etc).

3. Do i need to send a job offer letter?

My I-140 got appproved (non concurrent) on EB1 OR at NSC.

Is there any list of documents needed for 485 (both primary and dependents).

Appreciate your help.

bhakum,

Did you see any LUD change before you got I-140 approval? It has been 3 months since I replied RFE, LUD changed several times, but no decision yet. Thanks.

thanks

Graduation,

No, I did not see any LUD change before my 140 approval. Maybe bcos mine is non concurrent i guess...
But on the same day, my lawyer called USCIS and talked to an officer and put a request. in the evening I got an email that it got approved.

It took 179 days to be approved after the received rfe response.

If possible, ask your employer (if it is not a self petition) to contact local congressmen. They have congressional liasion at each center and can find out the actual status of the case and follow up closely.

RFE Officer Code

Bhakum,

Did you get a chance to lookup who your RFE officer was? Since your case took that long to get approved, I want to know if it was officer NSC/NQK EX380 who has been known to take a long time to process RFE replies. Please let us know.

Thanks.

bhakum said:
Graduation,

No, I did not see any LUD change before my 140 approval. Maybe bcos mine is non concurrent i guess...
But on the same day, my lawyer called USCIS and talked to an officer and put a request. in the evening I got an email that it got approved.

It took 179 days to be approved after the received rfe response.

If possible, ask your employer (if it is not a self petition) to contact local congressmen. They have congressional liasion at each center and can find out the actual status of the case and follow up closely.

Thanks for the info, bhakum.

Now I am start to feel nervous because at least two people in this forum got denial after their I-140 and I-485 LUD changed together (My I-140 and I-485 LUD changed on 6/29/05). I contacted my attonery to ask whether we should call USCIS after waiting for 3 months. But so far, I have not heard anything from my attorney. :(

eb1doc said:
USCIS Form I-485
• 2 USCIS Pictures in the envelope clipped to the upper right corner.
• USCIS check for $315 in the envelope clipped to the upper right corner.

USCIS Form G-325-A (all four pages)

Copy of I-140 petition for EB1 outstanding researcher submitted concurrently or nonconcurrent approval notice

Letter from employer stating job title, dates of employment, salary and probability of future employment.

Copy of birth certificate.
Copy of marriage certificate.

Copy of US Visas from Passport.

Copy of most recent I-94 arrival & departure record.

Clear Color Copy of the Picture Page in the passport and complete passport.

Copy of Identification proofs: Driver License, University I D.

Copies of all IAP66, I-797 INS / BCIS / USCIS Approval Notices.

Copy of wavier certificate for two-year foreign residency (if you have)

Completed I-693 and I-693 Supplement 1 Medical Exam from USCIS Physicianin Sealed Envelope.

Thanks eb1doc for the info:

I have few more questions regarding the same.

1. Letter from employer: does it have be addressed to USCIS? or to me stating the details of the employment such as date, salary and continuing employment (i have a letter addressed to USCIS for their 140 RFE about job permanency. Can I use the similar letter for 485 filing?). In that letter, my job title was given as XXXX Center Director but my official one was Staff Spectroscopist. Research center director is a common unofficial name for my position. In the rfe response letter and other reco letters for I-140 they say Director. I am bit worried now that when i say my occupation as Staff Spectroscopist, will it be Ok?

2. Do I need to submit my last 3 year fed tax returns and W2's?

thanks

1. Yes It shd be addressed to center director, Position should be consistent if any discrepency provide with proper explaination
2.Yes you need to provide. Nobody asks officially but its good supporting document for Eb1 filers

LUD change after 140 approval, no 485 filed!

I just noticed my 140 LUD changed after it got approved 2 weeks ago. I dont have 485 filed yet. what that LUD on approved 140 means? any explanations.
thanks

485 receipt notice.

My lawyer sent my 485 and wife's along with EAD application for both.
WHo will get the receipt notice from USCIS? do they send the notices to the applicant directly or just to my lawyer or both?
thanks.
it has been a week since the pacakage was mailed to CIS. wonder how long does it take to receive the receipt notice.

thanks

bhakum,

I didn't send any tax information, and, probably, you remember - I am in OR category. I am not sure why it so especially important in our category, according eb1doc' words. Eb1doc, please, clarify that for me.
I also didn't send any copies of identification proofs - I think that passport' picture is enough.

Although, you have a wife, so you must submit affidavit of support for her. Add it to the list.

Of course, my I-485 haven't approved yet (RD - June 2005), so I do not have a "direct evidence" of correct approach for my case :)

Hi Krendel & Bhakum
what I am trying to say is .....................nobody asks for it but its one of the supporting document which might be asked by some reviewer. I have many colleauges who got approval in EB1-OR cases and nobody submitted tax info for I-485. Its is mainly important for labor based filers not for Eb1 filers.

Last edited by a moderator:
eb1doc said:
Hi Krendel & Bhakum
I am saying nobody asks for it but its one of the supporting document.
Its is mainly important for labor based filers not for Eb1 filers.

Thank you!

eb1 doc is right. Nobody asks for the tax returns and w2s (for eb1 or)..but i submitted anyway bcos i dont want any rfe just for this...