I 485 GURUS, is this common on approved I 140, reads as follows:

ramukesi

Registered Users (C)
Hello I 485 Gurus, is this common on approved I 140 petetions reads as follows:

The above petetion has been approved. We have sent it to the Department of State National Vis Center (NVC) 32, Rochester Avenue, Portsmouth, NH 03801 -2909. NVC processes all approved immigrant Visa petetions that need consular action. It also determines which consular post is the appropritate consulate to complete visa processing. The NVC will then forward the approved petetion to that consulate.

This completes all INS action on this petetion. , and blah blah !!!!

1. I have never applied for CONSULAR PROCESSING @ the time of my I 140 filing.
2. Is this message is common to all of us even we opt for I 485 filing.
3. PLEASE CHECK YOUR I 140 approved petetion, and post your messages accordingly.
4. I have been waiting in I 485 stage at NSC for more than 500 days

Thanks,
ramukesi

Oh Ramukesi, you have the same problem as mine. You are approved for CP. This is *NOT* common. You w

time to process such cases!.

But, some cases did get approved in normal time since NSC
*DOES NOT* ask I140 file from NVC/Consulate for *ALL* cases.

I will be seeing how long my case will be taking!!!!

When were your FPs done

The worse case would be 15 months after the FPs were done the application has to be approved.

Mine is same as yours. 140 approved for CP but applied 485

RD : 12/2000
ND : 01/2001
PD : 12/1999
FP : 7/2000

Not yet assigned to officer as of 1 month ago. Have been checking the AVM every weekend, same old message.

God help all of us.

My case is also similar

My I140 Approval Notice also says that they have sent the information to NVC and will be forwarded to the Consulate. WHen I called NVC and keyed in the LIN # it couldn\'t find it and asked me to call during office hours to talk to a rep. SO, I called and talked to an Officer and she said my case has been forwarded to Madras Consulate for CP On Aug 30th 2000(1.5 years back) and also sent a Packet 3 to my attorney. Since, we didn\'t want to opt for CP my attorney didn\'t tell me that he received that packet.
I called INS again and I asked them whether they can locate my I140 in their system to find out whether it was really approved for CP. THe officer couldn\'t find out my I140 in the system anywhere.
I spoke to my attorney and he said he also spoke to an IIO and says INS, NE is processing Sep 2000 cases even if I tell him my neighbour who has Jan 2001 has the ND has got the approval, he doesn\'t beleive me. He trusts INS than me. But, I\'m really not sure whther he spoke to them.
Also, I did ask my attorney and he replied that it takes only 2 weeks for the INS to get back the application from the Consulate.
I also went thru the I140 application that my attorney filed. In PART 4(Processing Information) it says "Below give the US consulate you want notified if this petition is approved and if any requested adjustment of status cannot be granted". My attornye had put Chennai and India in those fields. I\'m not sure if this triggered the whole thing of sending the approval for CP to Indian consulate. When asked he doesn\'t agree with what I say.
THere are few things that people in the same boat has to do:
1. Talk to an IIO and find out whether they have your I140 in their system
If they do not have it then it means they are waiting for the I140 to be turned over to INS by Madras US Consulate which takes 2 years because they wait till that time.
But my attorney assured that INS will process all the cases(most probably) before your finger print get expired(15 months).

My case details :

I485 RD - Sep 5th 2000
I485 ND - Sep 21st 2000
Finger Printing - Feb 28th 2001
EB2 - RIR.

Thanks
Arn123.

All are the Junk...They Do not Know What they have to do with our Case..//

Today I talked to IIO and she said all complicated cases are pending and it has an different Queue
   than the Regular. When I asked What is complication in my case? She said We Do Not Know .
   My Case is very simple..I came on H-1 B Joined only one big Company Called ORACLE, whose
   HQR. is in CA and they have the policy that I-140 must be filed in CA and I-485 processed where
   you stay more than in a Year . My I-485 was filed in NSC but I-140 was approved inCA NO CP. So, I
   do not know where is complication ?
   But She was very much confident that all the complicated case will be approved before
   their Finger Print Expire ( 15 Month after Finger Print)..
   My RD Oct\'00 and ND is Nov\'00..Still waiting....//

485check, Can we maintain a Complicated Case thread!?

We can see the progress. I\'m sure we can not see our approvals
in weeks. It will take months, I am prepared for it.
So, we can use the thread and keep userselves informed
as NSC does not provide any more info than what we know now.

Suggestions??

Same situation.....Please clarify

My I-140 bears the same matter as Ramukesi\'s.
I never asked for CP and I dont know if my attorney has opted it by herself while filing I-140. However while filing 485, attorney asked me if I wanted to go for CP and also suggested me to go for CP as it will be faster and cheaper. But I went for I-485.
My employer has fired my attorney, so she won\'t reply to any of my correspondences now. I have these questions for you guys..
1. When my attorney asked me if I wanted to go for CP after the dates became current, does it mean that she has opted CP in my I-140 application.
2. My RD is 08/13/2001 and ND is 09/20/2001, EB3, FP Scheduled for 02/26/2002, will I also fall into the complicated category.
Though I am a lot behind you all, I am a little worried. Please clarify my doubts.

bhf, your case is complicated one. Your I140 case file would have gone to a Consulate Office. NSC wo

Find out something which will be useful

WHen you talk to IIO find out by giving the Receipt # or the A # whether they have the I140 in their system. THey didn\'t have mine and my guess is when they forwarded my case to NVC they totally removed my info. Since, i applied for I485 they are waiting for the Chennai US COnsulate to get back to them to process it here. So, please find out and post ur details.

ALL PLEASE CLARIFY IF ALL OUR I140 CASES GOT APPROVED in JUNE-JULY 2000

All,

My case was also moved to Madras Consulate on July 26th 2000. I called NVC and they confirmed this. As 5thYearNSC said, I think we should prepare to see our approvals in months rather than checking AVM daily. I have contacted senator and waiting for their response.My details are:

RD SEP 26th 2000
ND OCT 27th 2000
FP MARCH 18th 2001
waiting...

ALL PLEASE RESPONSE IF ALL OUR 140 CASES WERE APPROVED AROUND JUNE_JULY PERIOD. IN THIS WAY, WE CAN MAKE OUT WHETHER OUR ATTORNEY DID THE MISTAKE OR INS DID THE SAME THING FOR ALL I140 CASES DURING THAT PERIOD.

thanks

I did not opt for CONSULAR Either

So I think if anyone has a copy of their I-140 application they can confirm. I dont have it. But otherwise I think that INS might have directed all applications to Local Consular Processing.

Thanks
Seva

I\'\'m not sure about that

The I140 Application form(which I have sent by my attrny to INS) is not very clear but theupdated I140 form which is now in INS website is very clear. Please download that and take a look at that. THe appl form that we used simply asks the attrny to put the nearby consulate and country. Thats it. May be this could have triggered this CP Process. Did anybody find out what the attrny says about this.

Arn123.

spoke to my attorney , he says that he applied for AOS while I 140, but INS goofed up!!

Dear friends, I thank U all for the info shared by U all. This morning I spoke to my attorney, he claims and says that at the time of filing my I 140 with INS, Nebraksa, he checked the column for AOS, adjustment of status, for some strange reason INS approved for CP and sent my I 140 to NVC, and I believe NVC has sent the packet III to my attorney last year, and my attorney had told them that we have filed for AOS with INS Nebraska, (for I 485). I am totally in a confused mind, what should I do, who is speaking the truth, MY ATTORNEY? OR INS OR NVC???

I guess the INS screwed things up

From most of the postings above in our cases nobody remembers opting for CP. So it was ambiguous on the application I guess, and gave INS one more reason to screw things up. Hey What do we know? may be it is thier way of procrastination.(Dont know why tho?)

But also my attorney mentioned that the application form we filled had an optional field thats asked for COnuslar Post. (which he thought would normally expedite things because the Consular Post would hold most of the information about entry and logs of Visa issued for a person, his guess) but to our misfortune.

So we wait I guess
:(
Seva

Nothing to get confused

THere is nothing to get confused. Try to get the I140 application form from you attorney and you can check urself. As I had mentioned earlier there is no specific colum to check whether AOs or CP in the form that was available in 2000(it has been updated/changed in Aug 2001 to be specific). I guess he filled in the place where it asks for US COnsulate to be notified column. Thats what mine has. If we can look at someone else\'s I140 form and if it is different then thats where the problem is.
Now, when the priority date becomes current INS will get back the I140 details from NVC since we have filed I485 for AOS. Looks like in our case they have assigned us to "Complicated case" list and dumped somewhere. If they start working on it, it is a matter of couple of weeks to get this straight. There is nothing we can do other than sit and wait. I guess!!!.
If you can get the CASE NUMBER from the PACKET 3 , you attorney recd you can try the status of the case at theUS Consulate, chennai\'s website. THere is nothing much unless our attorney\'s can do something else in this special situation.

Don\'t worry...

Hi

You don\'t need to worry about this, because my I140 was also printed like that(consular processing), but I didn\'t have any problem in getting 485 approved as AOS. Make sure you selected the appropriate option when applied for I 485 and inform your lawyer.

Regards
Rajesh