I-485 got approved on Friday last week

vsiva23,
Are you in Dade or Broward or Palm Beach county? This may make a difference as to why they transferred your case to Palm Beach. I know someone who lives in Palm Beach and was transfered to Tampa office.

betoserrano/Ukr/Mylvka,

Here is the answer for all of your questions.

I lived in West Palm Beach, FL and employeer also in Florida. I contact Florida Senator Bob Graham, regarding my case. Then I got reply from senator office within 1 1/2 week, saying that we will communicate with our office and let you know about your case(I-485).

Same day I received my interview letter from Miami office. Again, I received another letter from Senator office, We had some info about your case and lap lap.... looks like my communication helps for my case to get approval.

vsiva

Congrats vsiva!

I am too waiting to get 485 interview call from miami,ins.Did get 2nd FP notice last month.

When was your case transferred to miami-ins? On what date did your recieve the 485 interview letter?

What documents or questions were asked at the interview and how long did the interview take?

Thanks

siva

what did you request senetor bob graham office to do??

when i called them a few month ago they mentioned it takes 16 mo at miami ins and they cannot help unless it is a 'life or death situation'

a few more months earlier another officer at the senators offoce has asked me to send the letter avalailble on bob's website if i wished...i did not pursue then, but am thinking right now to contact them now after reading your message posting. so, what did you request bob graham office to do? was there a life/death situation that u mentioned?

my case was transfer from NSC to miami ins on 30 may'2002.

thanks.

All:

I am glad I finally found this forum with folks in my situation. To make it more productive, and to be able to compare better what BCIS Miami is doing, please share with the group your status:

- I 485 ND: March 23, 2002, EB1, L1-A
- FP: done on April 2003
- Transfer date from TSC to Miami: June 2003
- Latest: EAD appointment with Miami BCIS on Oct 22nd, 2003.
- AC21 case, changed employers, notified BCIS of change as per latest regulations.

My EB2 I485 was transferred to Miami on April 02. I called the 800
number early July this year, they issued an inquiry to Miami office on my case. In mid July, I contacted Senator Bob's office, and they issued an inquiry on July 29.
I got the interview notice, along with the 2nd FP notice on August 7, and got approved on August 26. PP was stamped the same day.
I think the first inquiry triggered the interview, because after my approval, I got a response from Senator Bob's office, saying your case is pending in Miami office. Duh.

Received my plastic card in the mail today. Five weeks from PP stamping at Miami office to plastic card, not bad.