• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I-485 For AOS

subywrx

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all on your way with the applications and ready to go, unfortunately I havent gotten mine in yet due to medicals running longer than expected. I did have a few questions.

1.) When filing the I-485 do I need to have one filled out for myself and my wife?
2.) I am currently here on an H1-B Visa and would not need work authorization. Do I still need to fill in the work Authorization forms, or how do I go about this?

Thanks and good luck to you all.

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all on your way with the applications and ready to go, unfortunately I havent gotten mine in yet due to medicals running longer than expected. I did have a few questions.

1.) When filing the I-485 do I need to have one filled out for myself and my wife?

2.) I am currently here on an H1-B Visa and would not need work authorization. Do I still need to fill in the work Authorization forms, or how do I go about this?

Thanks and good luck to you all.

Your wife is your dependent and will be your derivative.
The forms for work authorization and advance parole are voluntary and only need to be filed if needed.

Thanks for your help.

Just three more questions and hopefully I should have everything ready to go.

1.) I had a class c misdemenaor on my record about 6 years ago, I have tried to have it expunged but the courts are showing no record of the incident. Do I fill out the box on the I-485 where it states I have committed and been convicted of a crime even though there is no record of it?
2.) I have my police clearances for my home country and here in the states, do I need to submit these even though I am doing an AOS?
3.) Do i need to fill out the I-693, or is this given in the full packet the approved doctor will give me once my medicals are complete?

And one last thing, I only payed the $385 fee, this was before the update on the new $440. Do I still need to pay the $65 difference?

You cannot expunge a conviction, only arrest records can be expunged mostly if they don't result in a conviction.
You should disclose the misdemeanor conviction it should not have any effect on your application.
No need for police clearances for AOS.
The Doctor will have the I-693 forms, you can also fill one up with your info before you go the doctor to save time.
You only pay the fee that is applicable on the day you send your petition, it only changes for the petitions filed after the date of a fee change.

Thanks for the help. I was not worried about it interfering with the process as I know it is a very minimal thing, my concern was more the fact that if it is no longer on there, or never appeared in the first place it might cause issues. But you can actually expunge convictions for misdemeanors in certain states, per the link below.

utcourts.gov/howto/expunge/