I-485 finally approved

happyboss

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Finally the attorney called and gave me the good news - 485 approved for self and family as of Jun 6, 2001.

My case is India, EB2, PD of Dec 1998, RD/ND of Oct 1999. Did my FP in March 2001. The first FP was rejected since FBI found it illegible. I then walked literally walked in Philly office for 2nd FP.

Also I got 2 RFE\'. One for employment letter in late March 2001. And then the IIO woke up again and sent me one more RFE in early May. This time for affidavit of birth, W2\'s of last 2 years and 2 months of pay stubs.

However finally it\'s all done. I am happy. We\'ll be going for PP stamping sometime next week.

Thanks a lot to Rajeev and all of you who really made this site invaluable with free and expert comments on immigration issues and questions.

Good luck!!

No Title

Hi ,

I got a mail as follows,
------------------------

Your application for status as a permanent resident has been approved. Please come to the Garden City I.N.S. office on July 13, 2001 at 12:45 PM for I-89 processing and/or passport stamping.

Bring this notice along with your valid passport and Form I-94 (Arival/Departure Record). Ask for any 245 District Adjudications Officer.

-------------------------------

My questions are as follows.

1. Does this mens that I have been approved ?
     2. Does anyone get this kind of letter ?
     3. My lawer says that she never seen this kind of letter before. So, my question is, Should I be worried about it ?
     4. If this is a approval and asking for Passport stamping, why are they not asked me to get the photo and get all my EAD and AP?

NOTE: I have my AP and EAD twice.

Any help will be really appriciated.

Thanks in advacne.

Waiting for GC

No Title

Hi,
  Congratulations on approval. Did you get a second FP notice before you went to the Philly office? If so, after how much time from the 1st FP did you get the 2nd FP? If you did not get 2nd FP notice, how did you approach them? We got the FP done on 04/06/01. When i called IIO they told my wife\'s FP is unclassified. But i have not received any FP redo notice yet. Is it worth going to the ASC
 or VSC? Please advise.

No Title

Happyboss,

Congratulations on your approval !!!

Regarding your 2nd RFE for affidavit of birth I have a question:

With my I485 petition, for my wife I submitted only one affidavit ( from her mother ) and a non-availability of Birth Certificate from Municipality.

Do you think this will lead to an RFE? Should I try to get 2 more affidavits from here relatives ( not parents ) just to be prepared.

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.

No Title

Hey happyboss,

Congrats, you said that you had 2nd RFE for affidavit of birth and w-2\'s. Do you think that last two years w-2\'s are good enough or do we need to give last three years. Why I am asking is I filed taxes in 1998 but I don\'t have a copy now. I have 1999 and 2000. Do you think last two years are good enough. Regarding birth certificates I have only two affidavits from my brother and mother. I don\'t have non availabilty certificate. Do you think we need non availabilty certificate. Thanks in advance.