I-485 files and change of address

msukid

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,

My I-485 is filed in August and now I am planning to move from existing apartment to newer one. I will update my address with USCIS as soon as
I get my new address. Some one told me that I can change my address as
soon as I get my I-485 receipt. What are the other things that I need to be
aware before I change my address?

Please advise.
Thanks
msukid

Hi friends,

My I-485 is filed in August and now I am planning to move from existing apartment to newer one. I will update my address with USCIS as soon as
Be sure to change address for all your pending applications. Also if you have dependents ask them to change address for their applications too.

Change your address with USCIS through online AR-11 (I think, all non immigrants are supposed to). This will update your home address with all pending cases. It is also good to turn on mail forwarding service with USPS as a back up.

Hi friends,

Please advise.
Thanks
msukid

In addition to AR-11 (you can do it in online too), you have to change address for all you pending cases with USCIS. To do this you can call USCIS - Customer Service or change your address on-line when you change AR-11.

You will getting a confirmation from USCIS for the cases you change address.

I did for myself 6 months back.