I-485 Filed to VSC, transferred to Dallas, TX?

bravep

Registered Users (C)
My case is:
I-140 approved in July 2003 by Vermont Center ( I am living in New Jersey)
I-485 filed in September 2003 to Vermont Center

In January 2004, I got the status:
On January 28, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in DALLAS, TX for processing. That office will notify you when they take action on your case. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283, to receive information about local office processing times.

It has been like this since then. More than a year passed and nothing moved on. No finger print notice. Both my wife’s and my case have the same status.

My question is:

(1) Why was the case transferred to Dallas TX? My lawyer is in Houston, TX and my wife used to live in Houston and still has a TX driver’s license. But we have lived in NJ since April 2002 and used our New Jersey address for the I-140 as well as I-485. My lawyer doesn’t know why.
(2) When should I expect a fingerprint notice?

Thank you all for your input.

bravep said:
My case is:
I-140 approved in July 2003 by Vermont Center ( I am living in New Jersey)
I-485 filed in September 2003 to Vermont Center

In January 2004, I got the status:
On January 28, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in DALLAS, TX for processing. That office will notify you when they take action on your case. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283, to receive information about local office processing times.

It has been like this since then. More than a year passed and nothing moved on. No finger print notice. Both my wife’s and my case have the same status.

My question is:

(1) Why was the case transferred to Dallas TX? My lawyer is in Houston, TX and my wife used to live in Houston and still has a TX driver’s license. But we have lived in NJ since April 2002 and used our New Jersey address for the I-140 as well as I-485. My lawyer doesn’t know why.
(2) When should I expect a fingerprint notice?

Thank you all for your input.

Did you stay any time in Dallas district area?

Check the address on the I-485. They should not send the Interview letter to some wrong address.

You can ask for transfer of I-485 to your local office But it takes some extra time.

Dallas office is pretty fast in conducting the interview. So I would go to Dallas for the interview.

tammy2 said:
Did you stay any time in Dallas district area?

Check the address on the I-485. They should not send the Interview letter to some wrong address.

You can ask for transfer of I-485 to your local office But it takes some extra time.

Dallas office is pretty fast in conducting the interview. So I would go to Dallas for the interview.

Thank you for your reply.

No, I didn't live in Dallas district area at any time. My wife used to live in Houston (for about a year) and that's why we use a lawyer in Houston.

No, we haven't received any interview letter nor even the fingerprint notice.

How fast is Dallas office conducting the interview? It has been more than a year since my case was transferred there.

bravep said:
Thank you for your reply.

No, I didn't live in Dallas district area at any time. My wife used to live in Houston (for about a year) and that's why we use a lawyer in Houston.

No, we haven't received any interview letter nor even the fingerprint notice.

How fast is Dallas office conducting the interview? It has been more than a year since my case was transferred there.

contact Dallas office ASAP. Write them a letter stating your A# and EAC number. Tell them the situation. They usualy call for the interview within two to three months.

What should I say in the letter? Should I politely ask them to correct the mistake and send my case back to Vermont or just ask them to schedule a 485 interview in Dallas? Since my case officially is not under Dallas’ jurisdiction, I doubt that will help in the long run. Thank you very much for any help.

tammy2 said:
contact Dallas office ASAP. Write them a letter stating your A# and EAC number. Tell them the situation. They usualy call for the interview within two to three months.