hotbj

I filed family-based I-485 on Oct, 2001. My spouse got approved last
August. I contacted our local congressman's office. They said that my
case is stuck on FBI checking of name and birthday. Anybody has the
same situation? How could I get my case move forward? Is there any
legal action I can take?

I am in the same situation.

Hi,

My wife and daughter received their cards early thsi year, my case is still pending, due to name check (FBI), my passport was stamped and was expired last month, I asked to extend and got refused, they prefer waiting for reply from FBI and give you the card instead of extending it and let you wait for the card with ease.

It is not strange at all, that US INS style. I have been to BCIS local office 3 times, 3 wwhole days. and finally they found the problem. I hope BCIS will receive result from FBI in next 2 weeks, that is one month waiting. You have to go to local office (if your doc is there) or fax or call BCIS regional center to urge them speed up processing.

Good luck!

EL Maozi

hotbj said:
I filed family-based I-485 on Oct, 2001. My spouse got approved last
August. I contacted our local congressman's office. They said that my
case is stuck on FBI checking of name and birthday. Anybody has the
same situation? How could I get my case move forward? Is there any
legal action I can take?

There are some information within the forum

Hi,

There are some information can be found within the forum, there are two numbers to finger print and name check respectively.

and there are some guys shared their experience, it should be helpful for you.

EL Maozi

hotbj said:
Thanks for your reply. Do you know the contacts of FBI to check the status with them?

i got no news.....

same here...
RD 2001
1 Fp 03/2002
2FP: 04/2004

no news

(i'm primary applicant)

Hire a very strong lawyer

Dude, you need a strong lawyer to fight your case. Don't accept that bullshit story. Goodluck

call the fbi and get the status of your naem check--

if theres has been a service error ie USCIS never sent name check you can fax an expedite request-- all the numbers are available here on the forum at the top

otherwise contact congressman/senator asap

elmz-- i think you should investigate this firther/call fbi about namecheck-- this defintiely sounds like a service error because they should not/could not have approved your case/stamped your passport without getting your FBI name check cleared first

therefore you should be elegible for expedite request

hope that help