I-485 filed in May 1st 2001(EB-2), yet to receive the receipt # from INS Vermont

smv08904

Registered Users (C)
This is so disappointing since the 180 days period is supposed to start from the receipt date of I-485 at INS. All i have is the proof that Fedex did deliver the package.

I am getting frustrated...because my H1B Visa( 6years) is going to expire in October 2001

Anyone under similar situation, pls provide your details.

Thanks.

No Title

Don\'t get frustrated. You\'re not alone. Those who applied 485 around mid-april seems to be getting their receipts now. You may be getting it soon.

No Title

Thanks for your reply. How much time it takes to get an EAD after you receive Receipt Date(RD) or Notify Date (ND)

No Title

I am in the simular situation as I filed I-485 on Apr. 27, and no reciept yet, my H1-B also expires in Oct. and I did not apply for EAD,
I am waiting for receipt to apply for EAD.

tony

No Title

An EAD usually takes anywhere between 30-90 days from RD. But you can get an interim EAD from your local INS office with your 485 receipt notice after 90 days(from RD). Since you have filed it on May 1st, your RD will be around 1st week of May so you can get your EAD around august 1st week from the local INS in case it\'s not approved by VSC.
Tony1234, the same answer applies to you too.

No Title

Don\'t worry
Everything will be alright. You don\'t have to worry if you applied for EAD and waiting for approval. And you still have H1 time till Oct 01
Meanwhile I am sure things will be OK for you.

No Title

You dont need to worry about H1B expiration, since you have filed for EAD. Dont worry much go somewhere for the weekend. I was in a similar boat one year back. Best of luck!!!

No Title

Hi Crapshooter,
I followed your several entries. I am still confused on ND / RD. I filed my 485 at 4/11, and mails says 4/13 reached VSC. is 4/13 a RD?