I-485 Eligibilty and out of Status. Please Help!

adis

Registered Users (C)
My H1 expired in August 1998 because I was let go by the company that sponsored me for the H1. February 1, 1999 I got a job with the company that is now sponsoring my green card. Instead of filing for a new H1, they didnt and just filed for my labor then and now I am adjusting my status with the same company.

1.Am I in any violation for out of status because I didnt file for a new H1.
2. With my green card process started in early 1999, am I eligible to file for Advanced Parole and come back to the states without any problem.

While filing for I-485 I filed with the 485A supplement and paid the $1,000 fee.

My EAD will expire in two months and .......

.....there is no sight of GC. Now my question is
a) Can I go to the local INS office and get an EAD renewal
b) Do I have to reapply to the INS Service Centre and wait for god knows how long

Any insights are highly appreciated.
rusty

rusty...

you have to apply by mail before going to local INS for new EAD. Better do it now. You can however apply with the local office too. Some allow it and some don\'t.
generally you should apply with the service center 100 days before expiry, so that you can take advantage of the temp. work permit rules (i.e. you can get one after 90 days from pending EAD RD) and still have your bases covered.