I- 485 Direct Transfer to LA, CA

ConcordMan

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

The status for my case has changed yesterday. It reads

"On June 9, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in LOS ANGELES, CA for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. To receive information about local office processing times."

Question1 : What does the status message mean
Question2 : I live near SFO area and I am not sure why my case has been transferred to LA.

WAC02253*
RD - Aug 2002
FP - Oct 2002
No RFE for I-485
Same Employer, Same Position, Higher Salary from the beginning.

thats amazing you are a 253 case? Must have done something to trigger a transfer or it could be a random sampling or even a mistake on the site . In either case its amazing that they touched ur case given that u mentioned therew as nothing to trigger it. Did you change address or something like that?

There are a few other reasons we've seen for txfer.

a) You might belong to a blacklisted organization or might have belonged to at sometime.
b) Marriage & divorce within the 485 wait period.
c) job change with vast difference in salary.
d) Misdemeanor in your history ..

The only think I have is my salary is way more than the LC Salary. But I am with the same employer and same position.

An address change even local can sometimes also trigger this. I've seen a few on this forum but why to LA cant answer. SM for all the things you've mentioned they have to touch his case right?
Why would they touch a 253 case? Anyway I advise you to call the NSC and find out they may be able to give you more information. I doubt the salary part will have anything to do with this

Soumy, maybe it is one of those sampling cases .. though I don't understand what in the world are they sampling now.