I-485 denied ... stating that I missed FP appt.

viz7379

Registered Users (C)
On Nov 19 2007...I got message saying that I-485 denied because I missed fingerprint appt. But the truth is I did not receive any finger print notification...Filed motion to reopen...got receipt for the same...Can I work? and how long it usually takes to reopen?...TSC...what are options left? pleases help me...thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is strange, you probably need to talk to an attorney about this. Sorry to see this happen to you...Good Luck!

On December 18th my case is reopened...i.e. like in 20 days the case is reopened...thank god...I am hoping to receive finger print notification...does any body know sending the second fingerprint notification means visa number is allocated to my case?...my first finger print was given in Oct 05.

Fingerprints

Good news that I gave my finger prints on 12/27. Waiting for good news ... does any body know, if finger prints are taken for second time mean that they got visa number and just waiting for my background check to complete or do I I need to wait for priority dates? Thanks ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. Do not have false hopes and plan realistically.

Priority Date has to be current at the time of approval. There may be exceptions as around July last year but even then Visa numbers were allocated when PD were current in July '07 and later these cases received approval in October '07

Good news that I gave my finger prints on 12/27. Waiting for good news ... does any body know, if finger prints are taken for second time mean that they got visa number and just waiting for my background check to complete or do I I need to wait for priority dates? Thanks ...

EAD denied I-765

On Nov 19 2007...I got message saying that I-485 denied because I missed fingerprint appt. But the truth is I did not receive any finger print notification...Filed motion to reopen...got receipt for the same...Can I work? and how long it usually takes to reopen?...TSC...what are options left? pleases help me...thanks...

Hi,

I am also facing the same situation,like I applied for my EAD I-765 ,mine is also get denied because i missed fingerprint appt.,but to be true, I too didn't get my notification mail.could you help what to do in this case. How to file a motion to reopen,like is there any separate forms I need to fill in, or I can simply writer a letter to USCIS explaining my situation.

Help me !!! Thanx.

Fingerprinting notification does not mean visa number is allocated. A visa number is required when the case processing is complete and ready to be approved. Moreover, the visa number is allocated only when your PD is current and not all visa numbers (based on the EB category and country of charge-ability) have been used up.