I-485 denied please help!!!!!

waren613

Registered Users (C)
Applied I-130 and I-485 last Nov 2006, done biometrics, received initial interview letter a month later but the DO for my initial interview is in LA wherein I am from MO, done my biometrics in MO.
Went infopass (St. Louis DO) to inform the wrong DO of my interview and requested reschedule and ask my DO to be in MO. We got e-mail and letter reschedule my interview and they will send notice for another schedule.
Waiting for a new schedule instead we got this denial letter for not appearing on the interview! Its USCIS mistakes on the first place and they denied my case!!!!!

Please help. I read I can file for motion to reopen...what happen after I file MTR? please tell me what to do and those who experience the same case like mine pls advice! HELP!!!!!

Thank you!

WAREN

I dont have any experince to offer you but I would set up a info pass asap and let them know what happened and then reopen your case ...Good luck

I understand, you have the letter and the e-mail to prove your actions about rescheduling the interview. It's an obvious mistake on their part. They should be able to reverse it.
Go for infopass! Good luck!

Dont worry...something similar happened with my wife during her citizenship interview...We gave a call to the 1-800# and they rescheduled the interview....DOnt worry...Infopass shud also be good....

thank you for the advice! We are looking for lawyer to assist us.
Another question? Got my EAD card and working... my work permit still valid despite I-485 denial?

waren613 said:
thank you for the advice! We are looking for lawyer to assist us.
Another question? Got my EAD card and working... my work permit still valid despite I-485 denial?

No.

i don't think that you have to resign, just continue to work beside your EAD is still valid no. Take couple of deep breaths and make that info pass, and everything should be fine. Godspeed and good luck.

We moved, filed AR-11 and when they scheduled my wife's interview at the old address. Our attorney made arrangements to deliever a petition to move our file to the new service center having jurisdiction on our new place of residence. However, after all these my wife got a rejection letter for not appearing at the interview. Anyway, by that time the new service center issued my wife an interview date. I wrote a letter to the old service center providing all documentation showing that we moved and we informed them in due time about our move. We then went to our new interview and my wife's case was approved without any trouble. The immigration officer asked us about the denial notice and then himself volunteered that the denial notice was sent by mistake. So do not worry, send them a certified letter explaining your position and keep a copy of that letter with you.

i-485 Denied due to abscence on Interview-Please help

Hello Friend,

Please help me with your advice on I-485 as my application was denied due to absence at the interview time as USCIS office is telling they send the interview notice on october . Truth is that I have't received the interview letter and after 6 months they send a notice that my aplication was denied and when i enquire with them they are telling that they send the letter to the address and it was never returned back to them as undelivered. so they though that it was delivered to me. But i am living in the same address as before. Same case for my ead when there notice was returned to them but got back the card after calling the helpdesk. same thing for I-485.
Please help me with ur advice what to do in that situation. In the denial letter they told that my EAD will expire due to denial of I-485 within 15 days even though it is valid till November 2007. Please help me what to do to solve this.

I have contacted an attorney and is doing motion to reopen by paying $385.
Please advice me if motion to reopen is a good thing to do in this situation or any other alternative and do i need to refile I-765 again to get work authorization.
Please help me, my email id is epurappad06@yahoo.com

Your's Faithfully
Purappad

You did the right thing. I filed my MTR last Jan 19, 2007 and AS OF THIS TIME no reply or response yet from the DO who denied my application. My lawyer even sent another letter to follow-up the MTR lately and as of this time no response still! GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH I PRAY FOR MIRACLE/DIVINE INTERVENTION for any development with my case.

Learn from this experience..

Guys:

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are going through. Things to consider, if you don't hear anything for a month, get off your butt and call the 1800 number and complain, because someone can give you some information.

Warren.... I wonder how many times I have advised people to go and attend their scheduled interview even though the receive an email from USCIS claiming that their interview has been descheduled.:confused: I have a suspicion that USCIS deliberately send this email to screw people up, because for you to file a MTR costs money, so they do it and get the money when you believe the email which is generated by some computer hacker in their office.:eek:

Those who believe in this email scam from USCIS are going to continue to suffer and their cases denied unnecessarily. :rolleyes: So, I wish you luck in the MTR. Please warn other people to ignore those emails, because if you had gone to the interview and you were told by an officer at USCIS DO that your interview has been rescheduled, and your letter could have been stamped to prove that you attended, and a denial would have been clearly wrong as you showed up on the day of the interview. :( So, I hope you learned the lesson..:eek:

I remember, in fact we were supposed to go still as your advise but at that time Missouri was on a terrible snow storm, so we didn't go, plus we got an e-mail and postal mail rescheduling my interview. LESSON LEARNED TO ALL!!!

This is so much worrying, and thank you for the message!

Hello Friend,

Please help me with your advice on I-485 as my application was denied due to absence at the interview time as USCIS office is telling they send the interview notice on october . Truth is that I have't received the interview letter and after 6 months they send a notice that my aplication was denied and when i enquire with them they are telling that they send the letter to the address and it was never returned back to them as undelivered. so they though that it was delivered to me. But i am living in the same address as before. Same case for my ead when there notice was returned to them but got back the card after calling the helpdesk. same thing for I-485.
Please help me with ur advice what to do in that situation. In the denial letter they told that my EAD will expire due to denial of I-485 within 15 days even though it is valid till November 2007. Please help me what to do to solve this.

I have contacted an attorney and is doing motion to reopen by paying $385.
Please advice me if motion to reopen is a good thing to do in this situation or any other alternative and do i need to refile I-765 again to get work authorization.
Please help me, my email id is epurappad06@yahoo.com

Your's Faithfully
Purappad

Same thing happened to my friend in Philly in N-400 (Naturalization case. He ended up refiling it. Coz lawyers wanted a lot of money to re open and fight against USCIS.. it was better to refile but in your case obviously you have to fight this...

Keep your head cool, hopefully everything will be fine. I would say hire a lawyer...

Guys:

Warren.... I wonder how many times I have advised people to go and attend their scheduled interview even though the receive an email from USCIS claiming that their interview has been descheduled.:confused: I have a suspicion that USCIS deliberately send this email to screw people up, Those who believe in this email scam from USCIS are going to continue to suffer and their cases denied unnecessarily. :rolleyes:

Once again, I have to echo Al Southerner's opinion here 100%. My husband and I spent hours trying to figure out the "descheduling" letter we got just prior to our interview and its rationale. We'd heard many of the rationales below prior to our decision to just go ahead and go.

1. USCIS just "overbooked" that day: Wrong. Our interview was scheduled TWO months in advance. When we arrived, we were literally the only people in the lobby. There were only 3 people in front of us and it took them 10 minutes to call us.

2. The "interviewer" was going to be unexpectedly out that day: Wrong. There were MORE interviewers than there were people in the District Office that day. So the file could easily have been passed to another officer.

3. Our file had not yet been sent to the District Office: Wrong. Our file, in all its glory, was sitting on the officer's desk and he had THOROUGHLY been through it in its entireity.

In addition, there was absolutely no mention at any time that we had been sent a descheduling notice.

Given the above facts, and the fact that the officer literally ran my husband through the wringer prior to approving our case, we have unfortunately come to the conclusion that the descheduling letter are, in fact, either a scam to raise more money OR a way to weed out future immigrants for whatever reason. This is a terrible conclusion to come to, but nothing else makes any sense. So go to the interview. I don't know where or why these descheduling emails are coming, but does it really make ANY sense that the USCIS would have such a terrible "glitch" in their system and NOT know about it??

I-485 denied,Is EAD become Invalid

Do USCIS send any more letter to inform that my EAD is Invalid or it will be automatically become invalid after 15 days of I-485 denied letter.

Is my EAD becoem automatically Invalid after 15 days of I-485 denial letter from USCIS or they will send another letter informing me about the EAD validity.My EAD is valid till Nov 2007