I 485 denied - please help

No Title

VSC-1997, since you have gone thruogh the similar situation, I have a question for you. I just had my interview in Baltimore, MD on 4/19. According to my attorney, the officer was pretty new in her job. She did not approve my app. She said "You have too many papers in your file, I have to go through them. I don\'t have much experience in your field, I will also seat down with someone who comes from the similar background and then give you a decision."

What do you think is going to happen? Thanks for your reply.

No Title

No letter so far. AVM finally changed to "a decision was mailed on 1st May". So we are waiting. Thanks for asking.

No Title

Jeena_yahan
I was on B1 before that. Since September 1993 have been on H1. We are in touch with a few attorneys and waiting for the letter to come so that next steps can be taken.

No Title

I hope and pray that things turn out fine for you. I hope once you get the letter, it will turn out to be something trivial (like confirming something or other)

No Title

How about your financial rating.
were you default at any time?
do you buy/sell stocks (kind of daytrading/speculation)?

No Title

gchopeful,

Within how many days after arriving on B-1 did you convert to H1 ??
Did you get your H-1 stamped on your passport or is it still B-1??

IdleGirl

No Title

Hi MRV1,

Kindly pardon my ignorance.

can you tell me about your last question? How does daytrading or short term trading stocks matter?

Thanks.

No Title

From your posting, looks like you were out of statues for few days. INS may be considering you were out of status from Sep 5 to Sep 23rd 1999.

Did you get your new I-94 when you changed your status from B1 to H1B. As per state dept rules you have to go out of the country and reenter on new visa type whenver you change your status. But this is not a critical issue.

INS considers out of status issue is more critical than any thing else !

I wish you GoodLuck.

No Title

I think you are getting confused ins with irs. I think the other would be more interested in one\'s trades - losses or gains

No Title

Hi Idlegirl and OCT2000
Before coming on H1 I was in India for about 6 months. And my passport has H1 stamps.
The lawyer send our I485 papers to INS on the morning that our H1 was ending. We tracked the shipment and INS received it the same day. We too have been puzzled about our RD.
I guess the suspense will end soon as the notice is on the way.

No Title

Yes. The mail stays in the mail room for few days before it goes to appropriate section. Then it takes few more days to open your packet and enter the data into their system. And it may take few more days to generate a notice of action.

The date they entered your data into their system may called as RD.
The date they generate a notice of action may called as ND.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

No Title

Hi all,
Finally my AVM changed. It says: "A written decision in this case was mailed on May 1st"
This is obviously going to be a denial notice. I\'ll keep you all posted once I get to see the notice.
Thanks to everyone of you for your encouragement, help, and support, and prayers.
gchopeful1