I-485 denied; FP notice not received

I-485 Denied agian after MTR filed

Guys.. Please help/suggest..

My attorney received a letter last week after the MTR was filed and approved that my 485 case is denied as Failure to appear for FP. MTR was apprved based on the fact that attorney or my self did not get the notice to get Fingerprinted. Now atty. is trying to talk to the local USCIS office and escalted to American Lawyers Accociation.. I'm not sure how all these works.. tried thru Congressman/Senators..

Please suggest.. any thoughts..Please pray for me...

I-485/I140 ND date 08/15/2003
I-140 - approved on 04/15/2004
NO FP received.
I-485 denied - 11/01/2005
MTR filed - 11/21/2005, approved on 12/30/2005
I-485 denial (letter only to atty) - 01/30/2006

I-485 reopen again after 2nd time denial

My case is reopened again by the same motion. We were mentioned that this was done in error. God knows, what's going on at the service centers. Ones it goes in the black hole, no idea what's taking place with paper work.. really scary..

Let see what happens now.. :confused:

lifesuks said:
My case is reopened again by the same motion. We were mentioned that this was done in error. God knows, what's going on at the service centers. Ones it goes in the black hole, no idea what's taking place with paper work.. really scary..

Let see what happens now.. :confused:

Why not try and do the walk-in with whatever you have right now and try and explain it to them at the FP centre that your I-485 got denied 2ice on the basis that you haven't done your FP which no FP letter was received by you.

Finally Received FP notice

Finally.. after two time denial of I-485, got FP notice scheduled for March 18th. Can some tell me what is difference between Biometric vs normal FP?

Still my wife didn't receive FP notices yet..

Intent to deny / deportation

I have read the issues in this forum and I feel bad for everyone going through this. I too have issues still pending at the immigration office in Connecticut. I married my husband (I am a US citizen) when he was on a B1 B2 Visa. We did everything properly and waited for almost two years to hear the results. In those 2 years he had 2 EADs, a drivers license, SS card for work, paid his taxes many many fingerprints taken and even got his GED. We got an interview which resulted in fingerprints/photo, no passport stamp. The we received a letter of intent to deny 485 and we never got an answer on our I-130. Our lawyer rebuttled. They claim he never re-registered while he was here.

He did in fact did try to re-register when his plans/address changed. He went to their office and notified them. He asked to special register again and they told him he didn't have to do that. We met, got married, filed paper I-130/485 etc.

We also received a letter to "contact" their office on a particular day at a particular time. No phone number/room number was given.We went there that day and got tossed arount from floor 4 (Immigration and Naturalization) to floor 5 (Immigration and Customs enforcement). No one ever saw that type of letter before. We had a lady at the info desk (floor 4) laughed at our case. She said, "well if you never re-registered then you are screwed". We told her that one from her department told him he didn't have to re-register (we even pointed her out) and she said,"you actually listen to us"? Ya I did because you are the officer of immigration............dddddduhhh.

Anyways, we found the room to go to (floor 5) and they arrested my husband and placed him on a $5000.00 bond and put him into deportation proceedings. Come to find out, after we filed and received his alien number early on, immigration and customs gave him another alien number at a strange non-existent address and he had a warrent for his arrest all the years we were waiting for our interview. So now he has 2 alien numbers and we are waiting for the proceedings court date (which they rescheduled).

Anyways, there seems to be many different types of FP and procedures. It seems to me that each procedure is different for each of the 2 departments. There also seems to be no communication between the 2 departments.

I wish all you well
Maybe if I write a book someday I could get some of your stories in as well. Just a dream for right now

Is this democracy worse than communism?

This stupid process makes us waste so many years of our life...
(I wonder if we made a mistake to come here...)
How long does it take to get the motion reopened?
How long does it take to get a decision?
Can you apply for EAD while the motion is pending?

My opinion, is to avoid filing EAD until MTR is approved. Some immigration officers does'nt have any clue, what they do.. It will be safe to wait, again if you EAD expiration date is closer, then it is better off filing it even though MTR is not approved. but.... the I'm not sure what will you fill in EAD form (Like Are there any rejects on your case... etc..)..

I'm not an expert or lawyer/attorney.. There are many experts in this forum who can add to it..

I think I am in Same boat- 6Monhts since 485 is denied

HI,

Online status still showing pending. NO FP notice received.
However when I went to get my Interim EAD officer is saying my I-485 is denied.

Callled USCIS and asked to send the denial notice again. Waiting on getting the notice so that I can check why they denied it. However my gut feeling is it might be FP notice that I never received

I pray to god now that somehow after filing the MTR they open this case back again.

Thanks

Broaken System

A bunch of idiots work at the service centers, and have no communications with each others, most importantly, they get paid to do their jobs but they don't and they greatly ignore us (our cases).

Having said that, last 3 times I went to my local ASC, were great, helpful and did the best of their abilities.

I got lucky by A (one) day.
On April 6th, TSC sent my FP Code 3 notice to my old address. It went back to TSC. They found my new address (probably the USPS had the forwarding address showing on the envelop) and resent to my new address, which, after moving 18 months ago, I changed through AR11 and by calling twice. The notice was mailed on April 24th and guess what! I recieved on 28th AND the appointment date was for 29th Saturday.

Had I not recieved on Friday, I'd be screwed too.

Wehn I went to do my fp, I saw the lady still changing my address to my new one. Note that, I went to this ASC 3 times before to do Code 1 and 2, and another appointment!

Dissapointed :(

lifesuks:

My wife is on the same as you were. I already posted the details here http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=213964

Right after receiving the denial letter, we felt very very disappointed. After reading your MTR history, we see some hope from your experience.

We plan to file MTR. How to file a MTR? Just a letter or I need to use I-290B?

Thank you,

freewalker

lifesuks said:
Finally.. after two time denial of I-485, got FP notice scheduled for March 18th. Can some tell me what is difference between Biometric vs normal FP?

Still my wife didn't receive FP notices yet..

Missed Finger Print Appointment

I missed my finger print appointment. The reason being that the appointment was on 05/19/2006 and I received the notice letter on 05/19/2006. I am right now in a different place from the location mentioned in the notice. Can I go to the nearest Applicant support center to get my biometrics. Someone please advice.

Just go to the nearest ASC with the notice and have your FP done. Let them know your new address. But now matter what, you have to update your address with INS by calling 1800 number.

Missed Finger Print Appointment

Thanks for advice. Got my biometric done at Memphis ASC. No questions asked.

lei_lwang said:
Just go to the nearest ASC with the notice and have your FP done. Let them know your new address. But now matter what, you have to update your address with INS by calling 1800 number.

I-485 Denied...URGENT!!!...Please Help and Advise...

My friend's I-485 has been denied to insufficient evidence submitted to USCIS by his immigration attorney. One of the information that should have been submitted was the Offer of Employment Letter from the sponsoring company. He failed to get that from the sponsor.

The letter of Denial was dated August, 21, 2006

The I-485 notice date was December 5, 2002.

The motion to reconsider has already been filed with USCIS with all the missing documentation that was stated in the denial letter but the Offer of Employment is still missing due to complication between the attorney and sponsor.

How long does it take to re-consider the case, will that happen at all?

The applicant is currently working in IT which is an entirely different profession from the profession that he has been sponsored in.

This applicant is currently on EAD and is only obligated to work for the sponsor once I-485 is approved and not before that.

Here are the questions for you all.

1- Is it possible to get the Offer of Employment from another company with in the same profession? Can it be send as more evidence to USCIS after initial MTR has been filed?

2- What is the legal status of the candidate now since his EAD, which is valid till next year was issued based on his pending I-485 application with USCIS?

Is there any re-course?

Please if anyone of you knows a good attorney with in Washington Metropolitan Area, do write to us.

Thanks in advance for your comments and advice.

PK

I-485 eb 3 denied

I am looking for help, Did anyone has the similar case please post! I have received email from uscis.stating that my I-485 was case denied on August 14,2009. I am confuse and upset,let me tell you my I-140 was approved in May,11,2005.I have no idea of denial of I-485 case, so please advice!what shall i do. thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
am looking for help, Did anyone has the similar case please post! I have received email from uscis.stating that my I-485 was case denied on August 14,2009. I am confuse and upset,let me tell you my I-140 was approved in May,11,2005.I have no idea of denial of I-485 case, so please advice!what shall i do. thank you

Wait to receive the denial letter in the mail, which will include the reason for denial. Then once you know the reason you can work from there.

Did you do FPs? Depending on the denial reson, please file for MTR (Motion to Re-open) I 290B.

Don;t worry...you will be fine.

I had a similar mail but my case was for an interview for my I485, I never got any letter from uscis, I then called and stepup a quick appointment and the lady at the counter said she will mail me a new interview letter, I have still not got any letter its been around 15 days now. My EAD will expire on october 15th. Please suggest
Ar