I-485 Denial and Status

Yes, there was a cap of more than 180 days in between the first H4 expiration date and the H4 extention approval date.

INS approved her H4 extention eventhough there was a cap of more than 180 days. Her H4 extension expires before her husband H1B expires. So technically it is in continuation with the previuos card.

It reminds me of a case where the H4 was not extended along with her husband's H1 as he dint know he had to extend the wife's H4 too..they realized it and filed for his H1 extension again and attached her H4 too in regular processing..it was approved along with his H1 ...but not sure it was re-instated since the last H4 expiry date and he was happy about it at that time

Yes, there was a cap of more than 180 days in between the first H4 expiration date and the H4 extention approval date.

INS approved her H4 extention eventhough there was a cap of more than 180 days. Her H4 extension expires before her husband H1B expires. So technically it is in continuation with the previuos card.

Why do'nt you give the dates? Check If H4 was applyed before six months

It reminds me of a case where the H4 was not extended along with her husband's H1 as he dint know he had to extend the wife's H4 too..they realized it and filed for his H1 extension again and attached her H4 too in regular processing..it was approved along with his H1 ...but not sure it was re-instated since the last H4 expiry date and he was happy about it at that time

You are right. Now the problem is her I-485 was denied because she was out of status more than 180 days and her H4 which ix expiresin 2009 is no longer valid(???) as her husband received the green card few weeks ago.

The laywer says the imigration officer should have stamped I-94 card with a the expiration date which should match her husband H-1B expiration date when she first entered the US. (She got her I-94 card with only 6 months whereas her husband H-1b had a valid period of nearly 18 months at that time).

The laywer says the imigration officer should have stamped I-94 card with a the expiration date which should match her husband H-1B expiration date when she first entered the US. (She got her I-94 card with only 6 months whereas her husband H-1b had a valid period of nearly 18 months at that time).

No they do not do it that way for H4. H4 is not an independent visa I-94 date depends of visa stamping.