I-485 Denail Notice: Help Needed

whatsupsbk

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I received a notification from USCIS that they sent a "Denial Notice" for my I-485 application and my wife's I-485 application. They mentioned that they stated the reason in the document that they mailed. I am worried a lot about this. Could you please let me know what I should be doing now? What could possibly be the reason for Denial? If it is an RFE they don't have to Deny it. Moreover, my I-140 is not yet processed and I applied in EB3 category and my priority date is in 2003. I took a pre-approved labor from my employer and applied in August, 2007 when they had an extension after the official deadline for pre-approved labor on July 16, 2007.

I applied for I-140 and I-485 simultaneously.

Will this invalidate my EAD and my wife's EAD? Moreover, we applied for extension of our EAD and USCIS already deducted the amount of about $325 for each application.

I would really appreciate if you can give me some advise and information on this.

Thank you.

Please see below for the notification I received.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Denial Notice Sent

On August 20, 2008, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 30 days of the August 20, 2008, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Were there any other complications in your case?

Regardless, there is no point shooting in the dark here. You will have to wait until you receive the notice via mail and then you will be able to get more info as to what the reason is for the denial.

Good luck

Thank you for the reply nervewreck.

Yes, you are right, I think I will have to wait until I receive the notice in mail and then act accordingly.

No, there were no complications in my case, except that I opted for the pre-approved labor in EB3 category priority date in 2003 which is in Texas backlog center now. Although I am eligible for EB2 as I have a Masters degree from a US university.

That must be very difficult, the wait that is. Stay strong and everything will work out.
Also I was told by my attorney that it does not matter what degree you hold.
If the job description is for a BS, even if you have a PhD you will be EB3, at least that's what I was told.

Thank you for the reply nervewreck.

Yes, you are right, I think I will have to wait until I receive the notice in mail and then act accordingly.

No, there were no complications in my case, except that I opted for the pre-approved labor in EB3 category priority date in 2003 which is in Texas backlog center now. Although I am eligible for EB2 as I have a Masters degree from a US university.