I- 485 Current Status

Sessanga Charlesa

Registered Users (C)
I was startled when i was checking my case status on line i got a message that says,

we mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case.The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed.If you have questions about the notice,what is required,or if 14 days have passed and yu have not received the notice.Please contact the serv.center where you submitted your application.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above,or if you have not recieved a decision or advice from the bcis within the projected processing time frame*,please contact the National Customer Service Center.

The National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the BCIS.

I haven`t got the letter yet,but it sounds weird to me what this is all about.I tried to call NCS only to realise that that number is not in service any more.so i am just waiting for the letter in the mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: I- 485 Current Status

Originally posted by shamshon
?sessanga,
I do not know what to tell you. But another member had the same thing, rik tik tak. I think. here is a link to his post http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86227 Do not panic when they say in the message that you will have to wait another 450 days. Check with rik tic tac. On one hand i am glad that your case is finally moving but on the other hand i do not trust these bureaucrats. good luck my friend

Re: Re: Re: I- 485 Current Status

Originally posted by shamshon

Thanks for the info shamshon.

Now that my file has been tackled on,they are like a dying horse which gallops yet the next minute its going to die.

what i mean in this case, many asylees have toiled much as if we won`t change status.They are trying to create all excuses to further delay the process yet in end we will get our GC`.

Originally posted by Sessanga Charlesa
I was startled when i was checking my case status on line i got a message that says,

we mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case.The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed.If you have questions about the notice,what is required,or if 14 days have passed and yu have not received the notice.Please contact the serv.center where you submitted your application.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed about,or if you have not recieved a decision or advice from the bcis within the projected processing time frame*,please contact the National Customer Service Center.

The National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the BCIS.

I haven`t got the letter yet,but it sounds weird to me what this is all about.I tried to call NCS only to realise that that number is not in service any more.so i am just waiting for the letter in the mail.

Sessanga, My family and I got similar letter back in February. In our case the problem was that the supplemental form to I-693 (medical exam) submitted back in 1998 contained a photocopied's physician signature. So, even though it was not required we took the medical exam again and responded. A week after my family got their approval and the following week they went for passport stamping. Mine took longer but finally everything went through.
Just one advice: make sure to include in your response the letter (or a copy) and the envelope they are going to provide for your response. That envelope has a bar code and not including it in your response will delay the processing of your application.
BCIS is just doing their job and they are doing it just fine, don't worry too much, and just wait for the letter.
Good luck

Originally posted by alanpero2
Sessanga, My family and I got similar letter back in February. In our case the problem was that the supplemental form to I-693 (medical exam) submitted back in 1998 contained a photocopied's physician signature. So, even though it was not required we took the medical exam again and responded. A week after my family got their approval and the following week they went for passport stamping. Mine took longer but finally everything went through.
Just one advice: make sure to include in your response the letter (or a copy) and the envelope they are going to provide for your response. That envelope has a bar code and not including it in your response will delay the processing of your application.
BCIS is just doing their job and they are doing it just fine, don't worry too much, and just wait for the letter.
Good luck

Thanks alampero2 i`m chilling, I just want to get over with it.

Alanpero,

Nice to hear from you once again and congratulations!!!

Sessanga,

I doubt that the BCIS notice is anything major. Those bureaucrats just love to send out "requests for further evidence" to keep themselves happy! Your wait should be over soon.

Originally posted by alanpero2
Good luck

Hi,
I has the same Problem but I recieved my letter after 3 days I had to go back and get a new I-89, I did it but it was like 3 weeks ago or even longer, now I am still waiting and when I check my Online Status it still say the same thing with the 14 days and stuff, I dont know what to do.

Originally posted by hashem_l
Hi,
I has the same Problem but I recieved my letter after 3 days I had to go back and get a new I-89, I did it but it was like 3 weeks ago or even longer, now I am still waiting and when I check my Online Status it still say the same thing with the 14 days and stuff, I dont know what to do.

What form is I-89?

I just checked my case status, I have exactly the same message. I hope our letters will come before holiday.

I-89 is the internal INS/BCIS form they used to generate the GC.

But I am also confused by Hashem's post. I hope he will clarify.

Originally posted by Sessanga Charlesa
What form is I-89?

Annv,

It looks like they are trying to close out the files--finally!!!

You are almost there!!!!

Good luck.

Originally posted by annv
I just checked my case status, I have exactly the same message. I hope our letters will come before holiday.

Guys what should I do if the Online site says the A # is not valid. It only has 10 digits not 13. So does the EAD I received from Atl.

Thanks In Advance.

QCO

Originally posted by QCO1
Guys what should I do if the Online site says the A # is not valid. It only has 10 digits not 13. So does the EAD I received from Atl.

Thanks In Advance.

QCO

The online status check asks for the receipt number (not the Allien Number) which is made of 13 characters.
It seems to me that you are trying to check the status using your Allien number, and the system doesnt work that way. You have to use your receipt number made of 13 characters starting with LIN.
Good luck

Where would I find the receipt number? The receipt I received from the ATL ASC has my A # on it nothing starting with LIN. Also I filed my papers based on marriage could that be the reason. Once Again Thanks for all you help..

Originally posted by QCO1
Where would I find the receipt number? The receipt I received from the ATL ASC has my A # on it nothing starting with LIN. Also I filed my papers based on marriage could that be the reason. Once Again Thanks for all you help..

So, it seems you are not an asylee nor derivative. If so, your receipt is not starting with LIN.
Also, it seems you filed at your local office. If so, I dont think the online status is going to help you.
Please provide more details. Where did you originally filed your application. At your local INS office or at any Service Center? If so, what Service Center. Any relation with an asylee?
Regards

annv,

When did you apply for I-485. Could you please share your Application date and the progress in dates for e.g. FP etc...
I am currently waiting for a response from BCIS.

I had applied in Mar 99 and FP in APR 2003. I have not heard anything and my online status has not been updated.

Regards,

about the notice requesting additional evidence

According to their web site, BCIS sent me the same notice in the mail a month ago, and I still haven't received it. I have no idea what happened, especially since they definitely have the right address. Has anyone had the same experience?