I-485 Current Date

pdshany

Registered Users (C)
Hello
The USCIS Newsletter stated that the current processing date for I-485 EB3 category was June 2005. The current newsletter for April states it to be March 2006, so it seems a lot of progress was made.
I filed my application on March 2005 and completed by I-485 applications last year. Everything except I-485 has been approved and I am assuming since my initial application (Labor Cert etc, not the I-485) was filed in March 2005, My application would be considered Current.
Is that correct? Then why haven't I heard anything from USCIS yet? For the processing date to move by almost a year, I should have gotten the notification already right?
I guess I am rushing it too much, specially since April hasn't even ended; but how long typically (provided no other paperwork/check is required) would it take before I get my I-485?
Any input would be highly appreciated.
Prav.

I am not sure I understand exactly what you posted so i may be giving you far too basic information that you already know but am doing so anyway. The USCIS lists processing dates for different applications that they are responsible for. If you are looking at the current processing dates for I485's, it refers to the date that your I485 was received (RD), not the date that your Labor Certification was received (PD or priority date). In order for your 485 to be processed, your PD must be current according to the Visa Bulletin published by the state department. Assuming that your PD is curent, you could expect your application to be processed if the USCIS is processing around your receipt date. For example, my PD is November 2003. It is current. My RD is August 2007. They are currently processing July 2007 in Nebraska so I would expect that my application will be processed in the next month or so.

On paper that is very sound logic. I am cross charged so i am in the ROW quota. Please look at my signature and you will see how wrong this logic is in reality.
I have been current since I am not even sure when? I know for sure my Name check is pending so that might be something you will have to figure out if you are stuck or not. After all that you just have to hope the IOs figure out where the box containing your file is kept. If you have not already visit trackitt.com and this will give you an idea of what you are really facing. Sorry to sound so negative but this the reality of the situation.

Help

I didn't get any response to my question:mad:, please help.:confused:

Question:
My initial application (starting with LC) was filed on March 2005 at Texas Service Center. My I-485 was filed on July 2007 & was received by USCIS around October 2007 at Texas Service Center.:rolleyes:

The current date for GC EB3 category is March 2006, so I think I am okay with that end. But for I-485 is June 2007 so, does this mean I have to wait until I-485 current becomes atleast October 2007? :confused:

Sorry for the late response. Yes the application will be treated as a Oct 2007 application. But it need not necessarily be processed after you become current as per the processing dates. As long as your Priority date as per LC is current your application can be processed. The processing date is an avrage date which basically says they are processing that date file +or - 6 months or so.The only thing the processing date gives you is the right to ask questions of the system. If you are not outside the processing dates then you cannot open a service request or go through other channels like senators etc. They will just shut you up by saying your date is not current. Hope that helps