I-485 CSC after RFE1

NV2001

Registered Users (C)
wac-01-232-xxxxx
485 filed 5/11/01
FP done 11/9/02
Origianl RFE on 4/3/02 lost due to attorney's change of address
resent rfe received on 5/20/02 and responded on 6/5/02.
AVM changed to "your response to rfe received on 6/11/02...taking 999 days"
It did not change again. Talked with IIO who said another RFE issued which we never received. Later another IIO told no rfe but the file is with supervisor.

AVM changed recently to ".....approximately 160days........"

Sent a level one fax on 8/5/02..
Sent level 2 fax this week. Received response [ Not clear whether for the level 1 fax or for the level 2 fax] saying that case is still pending. Not a big deal as we already knew that the case is pending.

Any ideas on what I should do?
Thanks.

RFE Question

NV2001,

I am sorry I do not have an answer for your question but I have a question that you could help me with.

How did you request for the RFE to be re-sent? I am in an exact situation where the attorney's address has changed/screwed up during data entry.

Attorney has already sent the fax. How long does it take for a response? Does INS fax the copy of RFE to attorney?

I appreciate your response.

Thanks,
SaksD

We did the same as you did. Attorney had sent fax and we received RFE after a month.
My problem is knowing how to make the INS do work on my case and give a decission asap.
Wish you good luck.

2nd RFE received

by attorney yesterday. It was for my medical, freaking doctor forgot to check a couple of boxes on the immunization sheet. That made INS wait 3 months to issue a second RFE. Hopefully this will be the last. BTW, there is still no change in the avm.

NV2001

good that at least you have got some news. In my wife's case too the doctor forgot to check a check box and we got an rfe. I have responded this week and am waiting.

what was your first rfe for ?

First RFE

was for EVL,W-2 and Tax. I wonder why this medical RFE was not included at that time, it would have saved me 3 months of agonizing uncertainty.

Hi NV2001,

What Fax number did you use to send the inquiry? I am thinking to send one. Best wishes for you.

Technote.