I-485 Confusion

PlutoPlus

I just recently got my Green card but my wife was asked to resubmit I-693 and proof that she was here legally. I got the I-693 and my I-797 (valid until 2009). Since we got the last I-797, we had not travelled to get the new visa stamped into our passports. My company lawyers are now saying that she is out of status, and because we had not had our visas yet?. Is this correct? I did not have the same issue and yet my Visa and I-94 had expired in April 2006. Please Advise.

PlutoPlus said:
I just recently got my Green card but my wife was asked to resubmit I-693 and proof that she was here legally. I got the I-693 and my I-797 (valid until 2009). Since we got the last I-797, we had not travelled to get the new visa stamped into our passports. My company lawyers are now saying that she is out of status, and because we had not had our visas yet?. Is this correct? I did not have the same issue and yet my Visa and I-94 had expired in April 2006. Please Advise.

if you had done medical exam before 1yr, then you have to do it again. if you guys have a valid 797, its good enough to stay leagally. visa (stamping in the passport) is needed if you go out of the country and come back.