I-485 Case Status Information, Is a RFE?

samrg

Registered Users (C)
All,

I received 4 e-mails yesterday regarding my I-485 Case Status at the following times.

Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:15:40 -0500 (EST)
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:15:40 -0500 (EST)
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:15:41 -0500 (EST)
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:16:12 -0500 (EST)

All e-mails are exactly the same, content is as follows.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: EAC04166xxxxx

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On February 28, 2005, we responded to your request for more information
concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30
days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice
that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Case details
---------------

Sub. Labor - EB3, Priority Date - March xy, 2001
Concurrent I-140/I-485 ND - 05/xy/04 @ VSC
I-140: 02/28/2005
EAD/AP - Approved

My FP Notice Issued on 02/28/2005 by USCIS
I Received FP Notice on 04/15/2005

A month ago, my wife and me called USCIS to give my changes address.

Please some one helps me understand, what is going in my I-485 case.

Is this a RFE or what does it mean?

This is because you changed your address recently and updated USCIS.

This kind of status is updated when you change your address (of course you call USCIS and update them with your new address) or if an enquiry is made on your case.

Nothing to worry, its NOT an RFE.

The same thing happened to me. I got this email for my wife and me. My case was approved back in 6/2004 and got my plastic card too. My wife's case is transferred to Newark and is still pending there. I did not contact them for any thing in near past. The last time I told them about address change was in August 2004. I am wondering what it could be?

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
Current Status:
On March 4, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Thanks,
Ataknev

Same here!

I have received emails last night, 8 emails! (4 each for me and my wife, of course same content). In fact the content is same as that of samrg. They have mentioned that they have responded on Feb 28th.

Few things happening of late ..
1. Changed address a month ago (different apartment in the same apartment complex), filed AR-11 and called USCIS.
2. Applied for EAD renewal and waiting for the approval.
3. My wife finished her rescheduled fingerprinting last saturday (03/05/05).

What's happening?

- hyd_chap

Change of Address?

Apollo_13, why do you think that these messages are because of the change of address request?

- hyd_chap

hyd_chap said:
Apollo_13, why do you think that these messages are because of the change of address request?

- hyd_chap
If you have been on the forum long you will know why Apollo_13 'thinks' this way. This message 'We responded to your request for more information
concerning your case...' has confused, flummoxed, bamboozeled many many many before yoiu and will continue to do so in future ! I must have seen atleast 50 threads asking what the message means.

Bottomline is Apollo is right. You get this message if you do an address change OR you did a case status inquiry.

sertra2002,

Got your point! so for the address change scenario am I going to get any mail from USCIS as they mentioned in the email (with in 30 days)? If yes, what could be the content of that mail? I mean do I need to respond for that mail? Little confused!

- hyd_chap

hyd_chap said:
sertra2002,

Got your point! so for the address change scenario am I going to get any mail from USCIS as they mentioned in the email (with in 30 days)? If yes, what could be the content of that mail? I mean do I need to respond for that mail? Little confused!

- hyd_chap

Yes, you should get a mail in your post about the addres change. It will just be informaing you that they changed your address on file for your pending case. You could respond and say 'Thank you for letting me know' ! :) Just kidding buddy...You do not have to do anything once you get it.

hyd_chap said:
sertra2002,

- hyd_chap

USCIS doesn't expect any action from your side. This is just a standard status message when you change address/do a case status enquiry. I don't thing you will be receiving any mail from USCIS in this regard.

Just ignore this.

Apollo_13 said:
USCIS doesn't expect any action from your side. This is just a standard status message when you change address/do a case status enquiry. I don't thing you will be receiving any mail from USCIS in this regard.

Just ignore this.

Not necessarily. After I called for CoA, me too got the same online message ("responsed to your requet..") but my I485 case# went missing from phone status system. But I did receive a letter from USCIS asking me to send new G28. It is a simple letter and not a RFE.

For the same reason (G28), USCIS issued RFE for my EAD/AP and surprisingly, for I485 they sent me this simple letter. Even after attorney sent G28 , there is no change in the message.

Point is, sometimes they send letters if they want any more documents from you.

GCJaisaKoiNahi said:
Not necessarily. After I called for CoA, me too got the same online message ("responsed to your requet..") but my I485 case# went missing from phone status system. But I did receive a letter from USCIS asking me to send new G28. It is a simple letter and not a RFE.

For the same reason (G28), USCIS issued RFE for my EAD/AP and surprisingly, for I485 they sent me this simple letter. Even after attorney sent G28 , there is no change in the message.

Point is, sometimes they send letters if they want any more documents from you.

GCJaisaKoiNahi,

Thanks for the information.