I-485 case approved

NCFolk

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,

I’d like to share this good news with you that my I485 was approved. My green-card journey takes totally five and half years and this forum is tremendous help for me practically and mentally. Here is some detail and hope it can give you some information and do some help for your hold-on the course 

EB3 China CSC AC21
Milestones:
02/2002: Labor filed, then long waiting at state and federal DOL.
08/2004: Labor approved.
11/2004: I-140/I485 filed concurrently. EAD filed.
I485 receipt had PD on 11/2004(the I485 filed case). This caused a huge heart-burn for me and a big-fight between me and my lawyer. After some inquiring, it was confirmed that the PD on I485 was incorrect and my PD was truly the Labor filing date.
12/2004: First FP done(code 1).
01/2005: First EAD approved.
05/2005: I-140 approved. Sent letter to congressman and learned that Name Check pending.
06/2005: Second FP done(code 2).
07/2005: Big retrogression started with EB3 visa unavailable. 
09-10/2005: Following this forum, sent letters and made phone calls for retro-relief legislation. No outcome.
12/2005: Filed second EAD application.
02/2006: Second EAD approved.
03/2006: Changed employer.
06/2006: Got case transferred to new employer’s attorney. Filed AC21.
07/2006: All online cases(I140/485/H1B/EAD) got LUD at the same day. Worried that old employer revoke I-140. Contacted lawyer and got clarification it should be USCIS updating the cases due to AC21.
09/2006: PD passed Visa Bulletin red line. Sent inquiry to CSC and got answer “You FP is expired and will get a FP appointment. After that we will process your files…”. Got FP notice 9 days later. Run to ASC right away and did early FP(code 1).
10/2006: Sent inquiry to CSC again and got answer “We do not accept inquiry by email…” standard message. Wrote letter to a senator and got reply “I will follow up with USCIS regarding your case…” no further words about the case’s status. – I am not sure if his following-up expedited the case or not.
11/2006: Got the magic email that the case was approved  Five days later got the paper approval notice.

I’d say I am not among the luckiest folks that have their cases cleared in 2-3 months in a blazing fast speed. But also I realize there are a lot of folks still get hold there with much longer time than we did. Hope the above info would help you by showing that any lengthy waiting will have a happy ending. And I pray to God for him letting you hold-on tight and blessing you good luck – CAUSE YOUR HAPPY DAYS ARE COMING TOO :D

Cheers,

NCFolk

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Please accept my advance happy holiday wishes!!!

In my first code1 FP notice - my i485's notice date is listed as priority date. I don't know if I should worry about this ?

My details...
i485 RD/ND - 1st week of Jan-2005.
1st FP (Code 1) - Feb-2005.
2nd FP (Code 3) - Mar-2005.
3rd FP (Code 1) - Oct-2006.

NCFolk said:
Dear friends,

I’d like to share this good news with you that my I485 was approved. My green-card journey takes totally five and half years and this forum is tremendous help for me practically and mentally. Here is some detail and hope it can give you some information and do some help for your hold-on the course 

EB3 China CSC AC21
Milestones:
I485 receipt had PD on 11/2004(the I485 filed case). This caused a huge heart-burn for me and a big-fight between me and my lawyer. After some inquiring, it was confirmed that the PD on I485 was incorrect and my PD was truly the Labor filing date.
05/2005: I-140 approved. Sent letter to congressman and learned that Name Check pending.
09-10/2005: Following this forum, sent letters and made phone calls for retro-relief legislation. No outcome.
07/2006: All online cases(I140/485/H1B/EAD) got LUD at the same day. Worried that old employer revoke I-140. Contacted lawyer and got clarification it should be USCIS updating the cases due to AC21.
09/2006: PD passed Visa Bulletin red line. Sent inquiry to CSC and got answer “You FP is expired and will get a FP appointment. After that we will process your files…”. Got FP notice 9 days later. Run to ASC right away and did early FP(code 1).
10/2006: Sent inquiry to CSC again and got answer “We do not accept inquiry by email…” standard message. Wrote letter to a senator and got reply “I will follow up with USCIS regarding your case…” no further words about the case’s status. – I am not sure if his following-up expedited the case or not.
11/2006: Got the magic email that the case was approved  Five days later got the paper approval notice.

I’d say I am not among the luckiest folks that have their cases cleared in 2-3 months in a blazing fast speed. But also I realize there are a lot of folks still get hold there with much longer time than we did. Hope the above info would help you by showing that any lengthy waiting will have a happy ending. And I pray to God for him letting you hold-on tight and blessing you good luck – CAUSE YOUR HAPPY DAYS ARE COMING TOO :D

Cheers,

NCFolk

Congrats NCfolk.
enjoy.

NCFolk said:
Dear friends,

EB3 China CSC AC21
Milestones:

Cheers,

NCFolk

gc_imstressed said:
Congratulations!

Please accept my advance happy holiday wishes!!!

In my first code1 FP notice - my i485's notice date is listed as priority date. I don't know if I should worry about this ?

My details...
i485 RD/ND - 1st week of Jan-2005.
1st FP (Code 1) - Feb-2005.
2nd FP (Code 3) - Mar-2005.
3rd FP (Code 1) - Oct-2006.

Thanks a lot :) First if you do not use Labor Certificate the PD should be your I140/485 RD. If you used LC for your case, just speak about my own experience you should be ok but it's always a good idea to check with your lawyer to make sure. Other than I485 receipt, there should be other document also showing Priority Date such as FP notic(?). Do you see all of them has the I485 ND as the PD?

Also my lawyer told me that the 3rd FP(actually the second FP for FBI scan on I485 case because the "2nd" one is actually the biometrics for produce green card not for FBI) is a very positive sign meaning they are ready to adjudicate your case. - Just his words and I am still not sure if that's just his tacitic to keep me in the court or not. My original plan was waiting for two months after my last FP was done then start inquirying, contacting senator and filling lawsuit.

fdfd said:
Did you have to re-imburse the legal fee to your 1st employer ?

Thank you :) - No I did not have to do that because I paid for my I485. My understanding is: Regarding who should pay the cost(employee or employer), that defines on your comany's benifit package so it is different from company to company. Regarding if you should pay back the $ to your old employer for application cost, it depends on employer's discretion and should be defined in the employment contract you signed with them.

Thanks for responding.

Used LC (PD July 2000). In other 2 FP notices - there is no mention about PD. Unfortunately, don't have receipt notice. In OCT'06 - CSC responded with case status as still pending due to security check. I have sought help from local congressmen's office and requested to check for current status with FBI. Still waiting for their findings.

NCFolk said:
Thanks a lot :) First if you do not use Labor Certificate the PD should be your I140/485 RD. If you used LC for your case, just speak about my own experience you should be ok but it's always a good idea to check with your lawyer to make sure. Other than I485 receipt, there should be other document also showing Priority Date such as FP notic(?). Do you see all of them has the I485 ND as the PD?

Also my lawyer told me that the 3rd FP(actually the second FP for FBI scan on I485 case because the "2nd" one is actually the biometrics for produce green card not for FBI) is a very positive sign meaning they are ready to adjudicate your case. - Just his words and I am still not sure if that's just his tacitic to keep me in the court or not. My original plan was waiting for two months after my last FP was done then start inquirying, contacting senator and filling lawsuit.

gc_imstressed said:
Thanks for responding.

Used LC (PD July 2000). In other 2 FP notices - there is no mention about PD. Unfortunately, don't have receipt notice. In OCT'06 - CSC responded with case status as still pending due to security check. I have sought help from local congressmen's office and requested to check for current status with FBI. Still waiting for their findings.

I'd say contact All of your local legistlaters - I sent letter/called my local congressman and the two Senators. One out of these three replied with promise that he will follow up with USCIS and FBI regarding my case. The other one just replied with standard message. The third one did not reply at all. I guess the Senator's inquiring, although may not really help on the Name Check, it ineed somewhat expediate the administrative processing once the NC is done. Wish you best of luck on this.