I 485 Aug 03 Update

mark99

Registered Users (C)
Hi
Can I ask you guys to report your updates on this thread for Aug 03 filing of I- 485.
I called the VSC yesterday they said your security check has been completed you need to wait for an officer to take this case any body has any idea as to what is coming for me and when. share if you have similar response from VSC.

Thanks

i think if you have 140 approved... fingerprints done... and security check complete.... you are on your way to an approval!!!!

My 485 is the same month / year as yours, i got a letter on Monday from Vermont Center (in response to a letter I wrote them) saying my security check is still pending.

I am still waiting on a second response from them about my 140 (july 2003) still not being approved.

What is the number you called? is it a direct number to VERMONT center? Please give me info! It seems when i call, it goes directly to the MAIN USCIS line, where they just note down my problem and "e-Mail" it to Vermont center.

There is a thread on this web site telling the trick to get connected to VSC you need to go through the 1 800 # but option selection is different I dont exactly remember what that option was please find that thread and follow it.I would suggest not to call them more than once unless you have a valid reason.when you reach VSC you will know because they say first that you have reached VSC if you don't hear that than disconnect and try again there is no sense in talking to the regular customer services those poor souls don't have any access to our cases and they are there for a show in my opinion.
Let me know if you are able to reach VSC and what they tell you about your case