I-485 aproved

anilmani

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 got aproved on 11/8/2005.
I recieved the aproval notice (two copies for some reason) on 11/14/06.
there has been no LUD change since then.
How long does it take to get the actual plastic card.
I have taken InfoPass appointment for next Tuesday to get the passport stamp done so that i can travel w/o AP.
Do I still need EAD for working, or aproval and stamp in PP is sufficient?

Any idea what is the wait for Plastic Card? The LUD or message should change saying that we ordered your card, correct?

anilmani said:
I have taken InfoPass appointment for next Tuesday to get the passport stamp done so that i can travel w/o AP.

Any idea what is the wait for Plastic Card? The LUD or message should change saying that we ordered your card, correct?

You mean it got approved 11/8/2006? When did you apply?

anilmani,

What did your approval notice say exactly ? Was it a message like "welcome notice was mailed" or something else ?

I have received a welcome notice 3 days ago but no message for "card ordered" yet and still waiting for the plastic card.

anilmani said:

all it says is, "this case has been aproved"
an aproval notice was mailed and all.

nothing about welcome notice or card.

My wife's case is still pending. She did her FP two weeks ago.
I guess they are waiting for her FP to cleared and all, don't know.

has anyone got his/her cards w/o the Welcome letter/notice or w/o any LUD change right after the aproval notice.

What else can I do to get the Card? will calling the 800 number or taking an InfoPass appointment help at all?

MD_123 said:
anilmani,

What did your approval notice say exactly ? Was it a message like "welcome notice was mailed" or something else ?

I have received a welcome notice 3 days ago but no message for "card ordered" yet and still waiting for the plastic card.