I-485 Aproved but missed the Biometric appointmenr ---Please help!!

anilmani

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got my EB based I-485 approved on 11/08/2006. Got my passport stamped with temp GC on 11/23/06 and left US for 2 months working vacation to India on Dec 4, 2006.

In the meantime USCIS sent me another biometric notice on 12/26/2006. A friend of mine who picked up my mails yesterday told me about that.

What are my options as I have already missed the FP appointment date long ago?
1) Can I just walk-in to the Newark, ASC as soon as I return to US, which is 01/31/2007 and request for the FP?

2) Shall I ask my friend to mail the letter back to CIS asking them to reschedule the FP for later date?

I know requesting for another date is a pain, as it will take a long time.
Anybody has any experience with walk-in FP at Newark? Do they even entertain this kind of request at all?

Please help

Thanks

Plastic Card issue after I-485 aproval

My I-485 got approved in Nov 2006.
I got my passport stamped and traveled to India for 2 months on vacation.
In the mean time they sent me a FP notice which I missed since I was not in US
I returned to US on 1/30/2007, they stamped my passport as Landed PR on the airport too.
I walked into the local INS office and did the FP with out any issues.
It has been 4 months since the FP and I have still not received my Physical green card.
Any idea what might be going on?
My wife who is the derivative applicant has already received her card in Feb, 2007.

What are the chances of any problem after the GC approval?
I have changed the job to a similar position/similar salary in Aug 2006 (before approval of the GC)
But have not informed the CIS about that as there is no such requirement in AC21.
I have been working with that company since Aug 2006.
I have worked for more than 6 months with the new company after the approval of the GC.
What happens if by any reason I lose this job, although I don't see that happening any time soon?
Is it possible I might get called for Interview and they will ask me to produce current employment offer and salary etc.?
I hope not informing INS about the job change is not an issue here.
What are the chances of my GC denial considering the fact that my wife has already received the GC?
And mine is approved 7 months ago.

Please suggest
Thanks